Automated Mixdown/Save/Reload of Tracks/Environment

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
Kai Green

Automated Mixdown/Save/Reload of Tracks/Environment

Post by Kai Green » Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:23 am

I am finding that I am needing to dither my tracks down more and more to conserve CPU for playback.

My process is: select track & solo or mute undesired tracks>render>goto folder browser>pull track back into timeline over the top of old track>save file under new name (file'X'mix)>save as "self contained"

What I would like to see is a way of selecting what tracks you want mixed down and for the whole lot to be automated thereafter. I would like to see the return track/s mixed down into their own audio track/s also.

I would like to see a 4th folder browser added, this being the currently open file "xSounds" folder.
Gear: Mac G4 Tower Dual 1.25ghz/768mb RAM/80gb HD/running OSX 10.3.4 + UC33e Evolution Controller + M-Audio FW410 + Korg Prohecy

dpel

Post by dpel » Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:50 am

whew!
that would be nice!
:P
Dave Pelman Music
http://www.davepelman.com

supster

Post by supster » Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:34 am

Big up on this one too!
--
NEW SPECS: Athlon 4200+ dual; A8N-SLI m/b; Win XP Home SP2; 1 GB RAM; 2x 7200 RPM HDD: 1 internal, 1 Firewire 800 (Firewire is project data drive); M-Audio Triggerfinger

josh 'vonster' von; tracks and sets
http://www.joshvon.com

muthafunka

Post by muthafunka » Fri Dec 03, 2004 2:53 am

You can save dragging time and muting etc at present by just clicking once to highlight a track then hitting cmd/R. Of course this only applies to single tracks and doesn't take into account returns, reverb, delay tails etc. More export/render options gets my vote too.