Live 7 is crashing ProTools 8 while in ReWire

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
leonardrock

Live 7 is crashing ProTools 8 while in ReWire

Post by leonardrock » Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:23 pm

...or vice-versa.

Probably a Pro Tools issue seeing as though it was just released.....

My normal use of Session Drums with Pro Tools has been halted with the new version. Nearly immediate crashes as soon as I start the transport.

The current session I'm working on has 4 tracks of audio in PT and 1 MIDI track for the drum rack in Live. No plugs in PT and no additional FX other than my normal kits in Live.

I'm running a TriggerFinger for session drums into the MIDI in of my interface, not usb.

Worked great with Pro Tools 7.4 with much heavier demand.

Has anyone else experienced this problem or other ReWire issues with Pro Tools 8?

Also going to report over at Digi forum.
15" MBP 2.5 gHz, 4 GB, OSX 10.5.6, M-Audio FW-410, Axiom 49, Trigger Finger, Line6 POD XT, Live 7, PTMP 8

kleine

Post by kleine » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:00 pm

Hello leonardrock,

Please send us your crashlog -> support@ableton.com
You can find this here: /Users/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/Live.crash.log
• Please send the files as .zip attachment.

Best,
Christian

leonardrock

Post by leonardrock » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:37 pm

Christian,

Thanks for your help. I just sent the email to your attention. Interestingly enough, the crash was logged in Pro Tools which I assume means it is a Pro Tools issue. Perhaps there is something in the log you can see as an issue?
15" MBP 2.5 gHz, 4 GB, OSX 10.5.6, M-Audio FW-410, Axiom 49, Trigger Finger, Line6 POD XT, Live 7, PTMP 8