Possible to move markers with MIDI controller?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
olafmol

Possible to move markers with MIDI controller?

Post by olafmol » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:00 am

Hello,

i am looking for a way to move the Beatmakers with a MIDI controller? Is this possible? I want to find a way to pitchbend/nudge a playing clip up or down a little (just like the global tempo nudge) using a MIDI controller. I cannot find this functionality, maybe it's not there?

Olaf

Grappadura

Post by Grappadura » Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:17 pm

I think the beatmarkers cant be moved but there are nudge buttons that move by the length of global quantization. Theyre fun to play with, but maybe you already knew.

olafmol

Post by olafmol » Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:08 pm

Grappadura wrote:I think the beatmarkers cant be moved but there are nudge buttons that move by the length of global quantization. Theyre fun to play with, but maybe you already knew.
the thing is i want to be able to speed up/down the playing clip just a few ms to get a nice groove going when i mix clips dj-style. Even when i have put the markers correctly in a clip beforehand sometimes 2 tracks need to run a littlebit behind or before eachother to make it sound good. With turntables or CDJ's you simply use pitchbends to move the track to the correct offset. This doesn't seem to be possible in Live?