OT: Not enough shit jobs for the Mexicans

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:48 pm

Geezus wrote:
Tone Deft wrote:I favor more coverage for more people, even if it costs more.

whites are the largest group on welfare
http://www.huppi.com/kangaroo/L-welfareblack.htm
great so take them off of it too. people need to take responsibility for themselves and our culture should stop providing resources and excuses for unproductive and harmful behavior
that's the Republican party viewpoint, I disagree. a healthy work force is a productive one. if people are taking advantage of the system the system needs to be tightened up.

still, nothing wrong with taking care of people. compare statistics on corporate bailouts and corporate welfare, tax breaks for the extremely wealthy, spending on the military, where would you rather spend the money? for me, it's on the people, even at a loss.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

slicedbread

Post by slicedbread » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:12 pm

elxicano wrote:
Hey dumbass, here's why you sound stupid. You live in a place that was once Mexico. Many people who live there are citizens of the US. Many have lived in this country before "white' European immigrants. Why the fuck aren't you complaining about them too?

Gangs and Violence are not limited to Mexicans. What the fuck is the KKK, or Neo Nazis? There's a shit load of skin heads up here and you want to tell me they're friendly bunch of motherfuckers?

Racist assholes like you should learn a few things before speaking. Just because its easier to spot a group of individuals, does not mean that you know them all.

They're just as diverse as any other country, comprised of many races, cultural and economic backgrounds. They are just diverse here in this country as well.

Here's a few things to consider...

Not every Mexican is low income.
Not every Mexican is a gangster.
Not every Mexican is violent.
Not every Mexican has a "shit job"

Everyone else that groups and stereotypes can shut the fuck up cuz you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.
jezus has some good pragmatic points and i don't think he was trying to be a racist. the healthcare system in general is flawed... but the only option to not treating a life threatening condition or birthing teenage mother's babies is letting people die... so in a face-to-face conversation would you be willing to tell someone that they're going to die because they don't have the paperwork?

elxicano

Post by elxicano » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:22 pm

slicedbread wrote:
elxicano wrote:
Hey dumbass, here's why you sound stupid. You live in a place that was once Mexico. Many people who live there are citizens of the US. Many have lived in this country before "white' European immigrants. Why the fuck aren't you complaining about them too?

Gangs and Violence are not limited to Mexicans. What the fuck is the KKK, or Neo Nazis? There's a shit load of skin heads up here and you want to tell me they're friendly bunch of motherfuckers?

Racist assholes like you should learn a few things before speaking. Just because its easier to spot a group of individuals, does not mean that you know them all.

They're just as diverse as any other country, comprised of many races, cultural and economic backgrounds. They are just diverse here in this country as well.

Everyone else that groups and stereotypes can shut the fuck up cuz you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.
jezus has some good pragmatic points and i don't think he was trying to be a racist. the healthcare system in general is flawed... but the only option to not treating a life threatening condition or birthing teenage mother's babies is letting people die... so in a face-to-face conversation would you be willing to tell someone that they're going to die because they don't have the paperwork?
Buddy he started off like an asshole and changed tone midway... while I can agree with some points, it doesn't change the way he started and feel no need to ignore bad comments just cuz of the good ones.

landrvr1

Post by landrvr1 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:24 pm

Tone Deft wrote:
Geezus wrote:

great so take them off of it too. people need to take responsibility for themselves and our culture should stop providing resources and excuses for unproductive and harmful behavior
that's the Republican party viewpoint, I disagree. a healthy work force is a productive one. if people are taking advantage of the system the system needs to be tightened up.

still, nothing wrong with taking care of people. compare statistics on corporate bailouts and corporate welfare, tax breaks for the extremely wealthy, spending on the military, where would you rather spend the money? for me, it's on the people, even at a loss.

The $30 BILLION dollars that the US GOVERNMENT just spent to bail out Bear Sterns could have paid the healthcare coverage costs for around 10 million Americans for a year.

The $200 BILLION that's been spent bailing out all the other banks and insurance companies after their bullshit loan schemes could provide healthcare for a lot more. :roll:

The half a trillion for Iraq could have covered even more.

Or a Really Big Fucking Fence between the US and Mexico. :roll:

Well, those numbers are impressive but to be honest the economic impact if there hadn't been some sort of bail out would have been disastrous. But who did we get that money from to bail those fuckers out? Same place we've been getting all our money from these days. China. :roll:

landrvr1

Post by landrvr1 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:27 pm

elxicano wrote:
slicedbread wrote:
elxicano wrote:

Buddy he started off like an asshole and changed tone midway... while I can agree with some points, it doesn't change the way he started and feel no need to ignore bad comments just cuz of the good ones.

He spoke some truths but, like you said, those could be applied to every fucking ethnic group in this country, lol.

doc holiday

Post by doc holiday » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:40 pm

Geezus wrote: Property values in once great neighborhoods are now total shit,
wow, thats actually the first time i've seen the housing collapse blamed on illegal immigrants

smartass303

Post by smartass303 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:47 pm

landrvr1 wrote: The $30 BILLION dollars that the US GOVERNMENT just spent to bail out Bear Sterns could have paid the healthcare coverage costs for around 10 million Americans for a year.

The $200 BILLION that's been spent bailing out all the other banks and insurance companies after their bullshit loan schemes could provide healthcare for a lot more. :roll:
That had a fucking big impact on economy wordwide.
Why? Because american goverment thought it would be a good idea to reward bankers for what they are doing... some real dangerous shit!
The best thing about it is that the neo-cons are so anti keynes! In every other situation they would be like: "...that was a bad decision, let them go bancrupt!"
But when shit hits the fan, they throw our money out of the window.

Everyones ready for the next round?

b0unce

Post by b0unce » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:43 pm

landrvr1 wrote:
b0unce wrote:'latino' is a bullshit eurocentric term which makes no distinction between the indigenous NATIVE AMERICANS and the spanish colonizers. It treats the descendants of both as the same ethnic race.

arse.

'white' is a term that makes no distinction between the pure bread Europeans, the Island Monkeys of England/Wales/Scotland, and the Helper Monkeys of Ireland.

Now go. That English Lord Island Monkey down the street from you needs his ass wiped, Helper Monkey.

And be respectful. No throwing your poop around in frustration this time.

absolutely exactly.

that's in no way at odds with what I'm saying.

It is, how-mofo-ever, at odds with your usual bullshit where-by you go all out on all of 'europe' because of switzerlands nazi-gold shenanigans, or germany's chequered past etc etc. You are THE person who makes ZERO distinctions between european countries. Spain is an imperial nation, Ireland is not...yet you gladly lump all european nations in the same pile using the crimes of a specific nation against all of it's flimsy economic ties.

yadda yadda, you pwnt urself and not me. I'm down for distinctions, you're not.
spreader of butter

landrvr1

Post by landrvr1 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:01 pm

b0unce wrote: I'm down for distinctions, you're not.

If it serves the mood and is funny, I'm down. If it doesn't and it's unfunny, I'm not. I'm very flexible that way. It's the internet.

And you bitching about 'latino' is hilarious. Every fucking latino politico in this country uses the term every fucking day.

"Gutierrez, Yeakley, and Ortega (2000) also use the term Latino, contending it better reflects the Latin American origin of the people, but advise caution to avoid the assumption that all Latinos share the same language, same citizenship, or same experience. "

http://www.socialworker.com/home/Featur ... o_Clients/

LatinoLatinoLatinoLatinoLatinoLatinoLatinoLatinoLatino

Guitierrez. Only the most powerful Latino politico in this country.

b0unce

Post by b0unce » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:03 pm

newsflash: those of european decent are a-OK with 'latino' , those of NATIVE AMERICAN descent have qualms. sur-prise. sur-prise.
DOH.
spreader of butter

landrvr1

Post by landrvr1 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:07 pm

b0unce wrote:newsflash: those of european decent are a-OK with 'latino' , those of NATIVE AMERICAN descent have qualms. sur-prise. sur-prise.
DOH.

You are so completely talking out of your ass right now.. And have no fucking clue what you are saying.

Stick to Irish history and politics. It's safer ground for you.

Fuck me.

Geezus

Post by Geezus » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:14 pm

Tone Deft wrote:
Geezus wrote:

I'm not suggesting that we should bail on people with disabilities or anything of that nature. Welfare can do some good, but what it should be focused on is providing education and resources to help people help themselves. Also, we should be handing out depo shots and abortions like candy throughout high schools and colleges. No more knocked up teenagers raising kids they shouldn't have had in the first place. Remove any financial incentive (welfare or tax cuts) to have children to ensure that the people having kids are the ones who are actually capable of providing for and raising them. Shit I would even suggest ADDING a tax to children...since children are a major drain on resources then people should have to ante up a percent to help cover the cost they are incurring on everyone else.

Furthermore, I think the corporate welfare shit is also highly destructive, as it allows businesses who cant stand on their own to leech free money from the population and continue to survive despite their inadequacies and inability to thrive on their own. There is also the problem of corruption in government that it tends to promote as well.

As far as worker protections go, the way to do that isn't with free handouts to people but fair wage laws and worker protections. Make sure that people are getting paid fairly and relative to how well the economy is doing. If the economy is doing well, then the majority of the financial gains shouldn't all go to the top 1% of earners. Dont do that entirely by taxing the and using that money to pay for government crap...I mean taxes are good to pay for some things but its a tool that tends to be inefficient and rife with problems of corruption and incompetance. use wage laws to evenly compensate people for the work that they do so that you promote a strong middle class. Strong middle class=strong democracy. Weak middle class = too much influence by top % of wealthy people and waaaay too much poverty in majority % of population. Bad for everyone...even top % in long run

BTW I'm not republican...i fucking hate those fuckers. Most people would call me pretty liberal actually...but I reject those meaningless labels and prefer to adopt and promote ideas that MAKE SENSE and promote responsibility, fairness, and progress for the general evolution of life on this planet. whatever end on the political spectrum they may be

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:34 pm

basically agreed.

I think it was ethios who suggested mandatory sterilization at birth along with shitload of paperwork to get it reversed.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

Geezus

Post by Geezus » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:33 pm

Tone Deft wrote:basically agreed.

I think it was ethios who suggested mandatory sterilization at birth along with shitload of paperwork to get it reversed.
I used to think that was a good idea..and to a certain extent it is...but the problem arises when one considers who determines who is allowed to get it reversed. Too much political fuckery can prevent qualified people from having children; like you might get some nazi-esque faction that takes over and prevents all jewish women from having children or some nonsense. I say let nature do its thing...if you have a kid and you can keep it alive and out of trouble then you win. If you cant, then the kid is gonna die or end up in a forced labor camp and your genes and influence will die with that failure

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:47 pm

Tone Deft wrote:basically agreed.

Damnit, that was me. And yes, only one person can have that idea.