Going. To. Explode!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
funky shit

Going. To. Explode!

Post by funky shit » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:56 pm

Well hey hey hey folks.
Haven't been on here in some time.
How you all doing.

Just upgraded to 7 from 6.

Installed it.

Here is where the issue lies. I'm syncing my Nordlead2x from live. And I normaly need 2 midi tracks for the keys and then another for automating filters etc or else it will all feck up. But now in Live 7, when i try to automate parameters the CPU jumps SKYHIGH!!!! The audio just fucking dies man!

Any quick help would be loved!

funky shit

Post by funky shit » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:46 pm

please help :(

udp

Post by udp » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:50 pm

I don't have much experience with this, but are you using Live's external instrument plug in? If not, it may help.
OS X.5 MacBook Core 2Duo 2.2ghz, 2Gig RAM Mackie Onyx 400F m-audio BX8's, Oxygen 8, Zoom H-4, Alesis Masterlink, Bitstream 3x
http://www.udpmusic.com

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:00 pm

Synthbuilder

Post by Synthbuilder » Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:04 pm

But according to that the beta 6 will have expired today.

Or is that a cut and paste job from the beta 5 announcement?

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:09 pm

Who knows?

I think it says: Live 7.0.2 will be out today unless something goes wrong.

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:54 pm

hoffman2k wrote:Who knows?

No excitement for me there. I was tooling around with the current beta of 7 this weekend and it was still glitchy as fuck. I wasn't even doing anything special, just opened a set I started in 6 and it was instant static, playing at half speed, and spinkled glitches.

Yay for me working in 6. Boo to you who erased 6.

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:00 pm

beats me wrote:

No excitement for me there. I was tooling around with the current beta of 7 this weekend and it was still glitchy as fuck. I wasn't even doing anything special, just opened a set I started in 6 and it was instant static, playing at half speed, and spinkled glitches.

Things playing at half speed indicates a sample rate issue. Remember to set up your prefs for betas. Because they are not copied to and from other Live versions.

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:29 pm

hoffman2k wrote:
beats me wrote:

Things playing at half speed indicates a sample rate issue. Remember to set up your prefs for betas. Because they are not copied to and from other Live versions.
Wait what? I've never done any sample rate adjustments or conversions on anything. What I'm talking about here is the entire song will play at what sounds like half speed for about a bar or 2 and then it plays fine. Still a sample rate issue?

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:33 pm

beats me wrote:
hoffman2k wrote:
beats me wrote: No excitement for me there. I was tooling around with the current beta of 7 this weekend and it was still glitchy as fuck. I wasn't even doing anything special, just opened a set I started in 6 and it was instant static, playing at half speed, and spinkled glitches.

Wait what? I've never done any sample rate adjustments or conversions on anything. What I'm talking about here is the entire song will play at what sounds like half speed for about a bar or 2 and then it plays fine. Still a sample rate issue?
Well I didn't know that. Then its a bug linked to sample rates issues I guess. Haven't ran into it myself.
Could also be some clock sync problem. We all have different setups.

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:16 pm

funky shit wrote: Here is where the issue lies. I'm syncing my Nordlead2x from live. And I normaly need 2 midi tracks for the keys and then another for automating filters etc or else it will all feck up. But now in Live 7, when i try to automate parameters the CPU jumps SKYHIGH!!!! The audio just fucking dies man!

Any quick help would be loved!
...been getting that trying to send envelopes to my Evolver... while playing notes...
CPU GOES UP TO 1600%

also when I open a project it always goes beyond 100% (166% loaded????)

...seeems someone's been saving their pennies on our(live users) behalf...
....We've been duped into buying a SW that doesn't work........properly..
that's no good for Customer relations...
...and not for a company's image...

in the meantime ...
another great update from the 'renoise' team...PROPS!
peace.

Synthbuilder

Post by Synthbuilder » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:24 pm

Don't forget to set your midi interface driver to MME and not Direct Music in Live's new preferences section. This has helped many people with high CPUs when sending midi data.

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:02 pm

Synthbuilder wrote:Don't forget to set your midi interface driver to MME and not Direct Music in Live's new preferences section. This has helped many people with high CPUs when sending midi data.
That's funny...
the 'renoise' manual recommends using the DirectMusic ...
for better midi timing...
:?