Are you thinking what I'm thinking? New plausible Controller

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Mesmer

Are you thinking what I'm thinking? New plausible Controller

Post by Mesmer » Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:17 am

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/gaming/wolfk ... 322895.php

Should be great for Daw shortcuts and even loop triggers etc. Easy paint job ... no?
You say gamers, I say Badass (laptop) Musicians :twisted: !

how much would you pay for this?
me, up to $50.
http://www.mesmero.net
---
---
Hidden Driveways wrote:This doesn't answer your question at all, but I said it anyway simply for the joy of making a post.

bendybones

Post by bendybones » Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:09 am

I'd be interested to see how it treats the duplicate keys.
Probably just like 2 keyboards.
If not, that could be handy.
MBP 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.5.8, Live 8 Suite, Logic Studio 9, Ultralite Mk3

Mesmer

Post by Mesmer » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:00 am

Well, it sure as hell beats those fugly protools shortcut keyboards they sell around for $115+ ... which seem to be regular $8 keyboards with colored keycaps.....
http://www.mesmero.net
---
---
Hidden Driveways wrote:This doesn't answer your question at all, but I said it anyway simply for the joy of making a post.

sqook

Post by sqook » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:37 am

I'd be much more interested if the right keyboard more closely resembled the left one.. no sense to have a big field of buttons there when it could be more ergonomic.

Spindrift

Post by Spindrift » Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:14 pm

Nice that it's backlit, but I'm not to keen on the layout and why have a lot of duplicate keys?

I have ordered one of these:

It really has ideal layout for my mouseless DJ configuration and a few spare buttons for triggering loops which will give me enough in total together with my BCR.

This is how it will look like when I labeled the keys:

sqook

Post by sqook » Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:16 pm

I still stand by my nostromo n-52:

The very flexible programming software, 3 shift states, scroll wheel, and direction pad, macro abilities, etc., make it ideal for getting around any application. Also the ergonomic design is a big plus.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:29 pm

sqook wrote:I still stand by my nostromo n-52:

The very flexible programming software, 3 shift states, scroll wheel, and direction pad, macro abilities, etc., make it ideal for getting around any application. Also the ergonomic design is a big plus.
I bought one of those a couple years ago. Neat idea and nice set up, but I just felt too... weird using one. Dumb reason I know. I felt the same way using Roland's D-Beam controllers too, you look spastic waving your arms around on stage like that....

Spindrift

Post by Spindrift » Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:43 pm

sqook wrote:I still stand by my nostromo n-52:

Of course it's very individual what you needs are, but for me I don't see a unit with so few buttons being useful at all.
Then I rather have a regular little keypad.
Programming and macros I do with AHK and can add shift functions that way as well, but I rather avoid them.