Puremagnetik Analog Bass - Available Now

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
nebulae

Puremagnetik Analog Bass - Available Now

Post by nebulae » Mon May 21, 2007 11:23 pm

Once again, Micah comes through with an essential bass pack. If you aren't already on this subscription, how does $5.75 for 50 bass instruments sound? Sounds phat as phuck to me!

http://www.puremagnetik.com/

Thank you, Micah! Keep up the excellent work!

gort

Post by gort » Mon May 21, 2007 11:52 pm

JOY
hi-q hits and handclaps not holywars and hand grenades

meekspeaker

Post by meekspeaker » Tue May 22, 2007 2:01 am

Nice! I've been waiting for this.
AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual Core 4600+ 2.41Ghz, 2GB Ram, Ableton Live 8.0.9, Novation Remote 37SL, Novation X-Station 25 - http://www.myspace.com/meekspeaker

"...i didn't mean to call you a c**t i meant to call you a tosser. that was a bit harsh..."

Cyberstar

Post by Cyberstar » Tue May 22, 2007 2:24 am

Coolbeans 8)
3.6 GHz i7-9700K 8-Core|Win 10 64|MOTU 16a|Push 2|Live 10.1.15 Suite|Komplete12|Studio One V4|Reason 11|Zebra 2|Omnisphere 2||
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/nomar161

micah frank

Post by micah frank » Tue May 22, 2007 12:36 pm

Thanks for starting this thread Neb! :D

Analog Bass Volume 1 is Out!
Puremagnetik has just released Analog Bass Volume 1 for Live 6, Kontakt 2 and EXS24. Analog Bass is a collection of over 50 multisampled (and super phat!) analog bass instruments recorded directly from classic monosynths. Among the sound sources are the TB-303, Minimoog, Doepfer Modular and ARP 2600 synths. Using the highest quality conversions, Puremagnetik has captured the analog warmth and character of these instruments and customized them for use in Live 6, Kontakt 2 and EXS24.

Go to www.puremagnetik.com for more info

The Phat Conductor

Post by The Phat Conductor » Tue May 22, 2007 6:53 pm

ooh!

sounds fun!

:D

i can't wait to get all wobbly.
ill gates aka the phat conductor
producer, performer + ableton/music teacher

http://www.illgates.com

R.J.Dubya

Post by R.J.Dubya » Wed May 23, 2007 4:59 am

Just what I wanted. Downloading now.

One thing I don't get is why there are three separate downloads for each different sampler with all the samples each time. Wouldn't it make sense to make one download folder with the samples, including the instruments in each format?

I've got all three and would like to use them all, but i guess I can just keep one set of samples and point the others to that, right?

Guess I'll see soon enough.

The sound examples were indeed quite phffatt.
aka glitchrock-buddha
303 posts as Winston

Macbook pro C2D 2.16, Firepod, rubber band and a stick.

micah frank

Post by micah frank » Wed May 23, 2007 8:42 pm

R.J.Dubya wrote:Just what I wanted. Downloading now.

One thing I don't get is why there are three separate downloads for each different sampler with all the samples each time. Wouldn't it make sense to make one download folder with the samples, including the instruments in each format?
That does seem like a logical solution :?

Unfortunately each sampler has it's own directory structure that it references. This, combined with the extra skins and IR samples for Kontakt really necessitate separate downloads for each host sampler.

On top of that, there is also Live's .alp which requires a very specific directory structure in order to import correctly.

Indeed many people (especially on this forum) are savvy enough to relink the samples (although some are named differently per host depending on the micropack... so beware). But to make the entire PM user base have to relink the samples would be a tech support nightmare - so we do it this way.

R.J.Dubya

Post by R.J.Dubya » Thu May 24, 2007 2:46 am

I have successfully relinked the ableton and exs sample instruments to the kontakt folder samples. Works fine, getting ableton to find them was a bit of a nightmare, but a learning experience. EXS of course just finds them.

The analog bass pack worked well sharing samples because the instruments were the same, but the P-50 linear sampler instruments were missing a lot of samples when referenced to the kontakt versions, so it's worth having both types.

To anyone with multiple samplers, it's worth checking out the differences between the formats. For example, I think the kontakt versions of the analog bass instruments sound better to me because of kontakts effects over abletons, but abletons sound better on occasion. Of course its subjective, but they sound different and it's worth checking both types.

aka glitchrock-buddha
303 posts as Winston

Macbook pro C2D 2.16, Firepod, rubber band and a stick.

micah frank

Post by micah frank » Thu May 24, 2007 7:04 pm

R.J.Dubya wrote: To anyone with multiple samplers, it's worth checking out the differences between the formats. For example, I think the kontakt versions of the analog bass instruments sound better to me because of kontakts effects over abletons, but abletons sound better on occasion. Of course its subjective, but they sound different and it's worth checking both types.

Yes indeed. :D

Each sound has been customized for each sampler/host. The same presets can sound vastly different between Kontakt 2 and Ableton.

micah frank

Post by micah frank » Mon May 28, 2007 12:04 pm

8)

bump!