Multiple Output devices

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
geofferd

Multiple Output devices

Post by geofferd » Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:17 pm

Hello abletoners,

Please can someone tell me if its possible at all to route audio from Live 6 to 2 seperate audio devices simultaneously? I have a horrible feeling its impossible but it would help me out so much with the rig I have at the moment.

I would love to be able to have my master out routed to Imac soundcard and then have 2 additional stereo outs to my audiophile with in turn sends audio to DJM400 mixer. I can combine output from both devices in desk mixer and send back to imac input to record the result.

Sorry maybe too much detail but hope this sort of makes sense :)
ps: i did search for this topic but couldnt find anything.
Thanks people,

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:21 pm

it's possible.
[edit, misread the post]
Aggregate devices on OSX, asio4all on pc.
Last edited by Machinate on Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mbp 2.66, osx 10.6.8, 8GB ram.

Bunky Freaks

Post by Bunky Freaks » Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:22 pm

Live itself can not communicate with more than 1 audio device directly. But people seem to get good results using ASIO4ALL for mutiple devices, which you can use to setup your audioroutings:

http://www.asio4all.com/

edit: sorry, my suggestion applies to pc only ...

geofferd

Post by geofferd » Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:29 pm

thanks very much for the speedy responses,

thanks machinate for the idea, can you expand at all what have done in the example you posted? it unfortunately doesnt look like your using different audio devices? cheers though,

I have used asioforall when my pc was actually still able to make music, now its only good for collecting dust...cheers again though mate.

datapopstar

Post by datapopstar » Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:29 pm

yes it is possible...
but only on mac i think.
first open your audio-midi configuration app.
then press shift-apple-a.
now your in a window where you can easy reconfigure all your in and outs as a new agregated device.
gesund allein ist die amöbe...

geofferd

Post by geofferd » Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:47 pm

datapopstar - thanks very much for that - brilliant!!! so easy to setup that i was in complete shock!!!

When using aggregate devices does anyone notice a tiny bit of latency between the 2 devices. When i run the metronome through device 1 its slightly ahead of device 2. Should I change the clock source of one of the soundcard to sync external as i think they are both currently set to internal?

your wisdom is much appreciated.

Ta very much