Live 6.05 & Trigger Finger (windows)

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
jbrogers

Live 6.05 & Trigger Finger (windows)

Post by jbrogers » Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:37 pm

I am having a huge amount of difficulty getting trigger finger's midi signals into Live. In fact, Live has been very spotty on recognizing my USB midi surfaces (ozone, trigger finger, radium) since I upgraded. I've lost HOURS on this issue now and am getting to the end of my rope. When I run out of rope, I don't know what I'll do, except that I'll know I don't have rope anymore.

I've been plugging Midi Monitor VST's into channels and trying to diagnose. Sometimes I can get it to work, then Live crashes.

I was going great on Live 5. sigh.

I've unplugged my devices and uninstalled drivers, and built back up again. tried all kinds of settings in the Live prefs panel.

Right now the ozone isn't sending signals either, but maybe I've got Impulse locked to Trigger finger in the Control Surface UI. I'll check that in a minute.

ON top of all this, 6.0.5 seems really sluggish compared to Live 5. Was I supposed to upgrade my computer? For instance, I just created a new midi channel to test the Ozone. From the time I clicked on the MIDI ARM button, until it highlighted and turned red, was about 10 seconds.

No, no dice, the midi system in 605 is flipped out for me.

djZen

Post by djZen » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:19 am

thank you for sharing I will wait on 605. Hang in there.

Amaury

Re: Live 6.05 & Trigger Finger (windows)

Post by Amaury » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:51 am

jbrogers wrote:I am having a huge amount of difficulty getting trigger finger's midi signals into Live. In fact, Live has been very spotty on recognizing my USB midi surfaces (ozone, trigger finger, radium) since I upgraded. I've lost HOURS on this issue now and am getting to the end of my rope. When I run out of rope, I don't know what I'll do, except that I'll know I don't have rope anymore.

I've been plugging Midi Monitor VST's into channels and trying to diagnose. Sometimes I can get it to work, then Live crashes.

I was going great on Live 5. sigh.

I've unplugged my devices and uninstalled drivers, and built back up again. tried all kinds of settings in the Live prefs panel.

Right now the ozone isn't sending signals either, but maybe I've got Impulse locked to Trigger finger in the Control Surface UI. I'll check that in a minute.

ON top of all this, 6.0.5 seems really sluggish compared to Live 5. Was I supposed to upgrade my computer? For instance, I just created a new midi channel to test the Ozone. From the time I clicked on the MIDI ARM button, until it highlighted and turned red, was about 10 seconds.

No, no dice, the midi system in 605 is flipped out for me.
Hello,

There is definitely something wrong. First, the MIDI implementation did not change from Live 5 to 6 (was was there is still there), and your devices should be recognized the same; and performance-wise, if you don't use more features, you should get more or less the same possibilities (some people have reported a difference of 1 or 2% CPU, in a way or the other).

I advice you to write to support@ableton.com, providing the information asked on that page:
http://www.ableton.com/pages/support_contact

Kind regards,
Amaury
Ableton Product Team