live 4 announced in computer music

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
forge

Post by forge » Mon May 24, 2004 7:57 pm

well hopefully the website hasn't been updated because I'd like to think an announcement like that would be a kind of feature and not just dismissed as 'and loads of other cool stuff' which was pretty much all I saw apart from logic,cubase, reason and flstudio tutorials.....

any takers from ableton? if it's been announced, surely we faithful forumers could get a bit of the inside info??????

forge

Re: It's there alright

Post by forge » Mon May 24, 2004 8:00 pm

jimmyaa wrote:CM Issue 74 page 9, We heard it down the pub: Live 4 coming out this summer VSTi and MIDI + two Sampling instruments public Beta test acheduled to begin second week in June available to buy in July.
That's what it says
fair enoough, I suppose 'we heard it down' the pub makes sense - second week in june huh? larvely - it surely can't be that long ago we did the live 3 public beta??

Post by Guest » Mon May 24, 2004 8:01 pm

OH SNAP!!! X-mas in July!!! Please be true, oh please be true! with sugar on top. Damn, I'm getting rather excited, Ableton better drop some science on us loyal users here. Computer Music shouldn't get the scoop before we do--whassup with that shit? I feel like they had a little Live 4 baby shower at CM, and didn't invite all of us loyal forumites--well no presents for you (but I will use the beta and buy the update on day 1)!
Someone post an image, a quote, a link, a beta dowload, something to keep the excitiment level up.

Ryan

forge

Post by forge » Mon May 24, 2004 8:09 pm

I know, me too, might eve take the day off work that day - once live gets midi and vsti pretty much everything but my plug-ins will become redundant! (eeek all that money spent.....)

Post by Guest » Mon May 24, 2004 8:29 pm

everyone on this thread, jump on my new thread asking for Ableton to speak up about the Live 4 beta. Like forge just inadvertantly mentioned, its release could make lots of software people own irrelevant. more importantly, people out there are surely about to purchase various softwares to accompany Live and allow vsti and midi, etc. What a waste of money that would be if the beta and Live 4 release are just around the corner--money that could be saved and put towards an upgrade. If the article is non-existent, please excuse me. Otherwise, pony up Ableton--you loyal users and beta testers deserve some info.

Ryan

Post by Guest » Mon May 24, 2004 9:43 pm

oh it's just to iLL to even think about it, go back to your current versions of live folks, nothing to see here 8O

dr truth

Post by dr truth » Tue May 25, 2004 10:31 am

oh so i was right then...hmmm....i demand formal apologies asap

parma

Post by parma » Tue May 25, 2004 10:36 am

::Yup, it's on page 9 of issue 74, under the "We Heard it Down the Pub" column:

"Well after plying our source with booze, he let the cat out of the bag: Live 4 is coming this Summer, and will be VSTi and MIDI compatible."::

got this from a friend on the Propellerhead board

Nice!

:D

forge

Post by forge » Tue May 25, 2004 11:18 am

hmmm..I wonder if virtual booze would work...

Ableton, have a pint on me...actually, you're German so Ein Mass Bier will be required

Anyone in Berlin want to go down there and beer em up?

kay101011

Post by kay101011 » Tue May 25, 2004 11:41 am

forge wrote:hmmm..I wonder if virtual booze would work...

Ableton, have a pint on me...actually, you're German so Ein Mass Bier will be required

Anyone in Berlin want to go down there and beer em up?
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

maybe next time i'm at mitte i go and give them fuel (but i don't think this would be so helpfull - maybe coffee is better)
system information:

Powerbook G4 667MHz DVI 512MB RAM
MOTU 828 mkII
OS X 10.4.1
BCR2000

forge

Post by forge » Tue May 25, 2004 11:49 am

he he, hopefully our stategy of making this a long and irritating thread will get us an answer.... :wink:

gaspode

Product Cycle

Post by gaspode » Tue May 25, 2004 1:56 pm

Is this less than a year for an upgrade... I'm not sure if I should be happy or broke? :)

UKnowWho

Post by UKnowWho » Wed May 26, 2004 1:23 am

14-16 days just shut up await LOL ;) ...........
You'll ALL know then mmmmmkay .