Cubase vs. Logic

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:02 pm

Again, I have to ask, wtf is a Cubase?
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

stinky

Post by stinky » Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:05 pm

Tone Deft wrote:Again, I have to ask, wtf is a Cubase?
Christ man, get with the program... it has the "Kick Ass Vocals" preset... you just don't get those kind of things with Live.
The Talented Mr Stinky.

Live Racks Abe-Wiki

hujib

Post by hujib » Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:05 pm

If Logic's audio editing engine and MIDI piano rolll editor was updated I'd most likely switch. Unfortunately Logic just is not as flexible in these areas for the way I work. I know many Logic users who use it with no complaints.. It all depends on the user :)

.... when are we going to see Soundtrack Pro's audio editingengine in Logic?! :twisted:

leedsquietman

Post by leedsquietman » Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:05 pm

If I were using a Mac I'd take Logic, but since that is owned by Apple and Apple platform only the choice is clear - I use Cubase and it works amazing with Live 6 in my Win XP setup.

Cubase 4 should be better on MAcs as it is UB and optimized for INtel Macs (SX3 and below are not supported on INtel Macs and ran fairly slow on G5 compared to PC). However - it is new and still pretty buggy, the next update should fix some glitches and make it a much more stable DAW.

One thing to remember, Cubase 4 dropped support for DX plugins, so if you use Waves DX plugins or Antares DX plugins they will not work. Antares new vst plug is supposed to work great (previous Antares vst plugs were terrible).

Cubase is a great DAW, it has great MIDI and audio features - it has fewer instruments and the in built plug-ins are not as good as Logic, but then again it does cost 300-350 dollars less. I would still go Logic on Mac platform though.