live lite 6 m-audio enhanced edition!!!!!!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
thumperjack

live lite 6 m-audio enhanced edition!!!!!!

Post by thumperjack » Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:54 am

is it just me, or it telling me that im in Lite mode (NOT demo mode) and still allowing me to insert unlimited effects and audio/midi tracks???? am i dreaming???

thumperjack

Post by thumperjack » Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:39 pm

54 views and no replys??? wtf mate? iwant to know if i am imagining things or somehow scored live 6 for free?

Patch

Post by Patch » Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:54 pm

~Give us yer serial numbr and I'll check it for you... :wink:

djmyke

Post by djmyke » Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:11 pm

thumperjack wrote:54 views and no replys??? wtf mate? iwant to know if i am imagining things or somehow scored live 6 for free?

yeah i enjoyed creating shit over there a few days ago... found out i cannot save all the creative juices!!! grrr had to capture it in another program hehehe

live 7. reason 4
maudio fwire 410 axiom 49. fcb1010
taylor 614ce
banshee talkbox

thumperjack

Post by thumperjack » Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:18 pm

thats fucked. live lite 6 wont let you save at all? what a tease. good thing i didn't delete live lite 5 yet, cause i just route that to garage band with soundflower. HELLS YEAH. i just sold all my shit on ebay though so im soon gona score THE COMPLETE ABLETON oh yeah, the one that lets you go crazy AND save, and a minimonsta and uprgrade my ram to 1.5 gigs. i'll be kickin ass then!

djmyke

Post by djmyke » Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:10 pm

thumperjack wrote:thats fucked. live lite 6 wont let you save at all? what a tease. good thing i didn't delete live lite 5 yet, cause i just route that to garage band with soundflower. HELLS YEAH. i just sold all my shit on ebay though so im soon gona score THE COMPLETE ABLETON oh yeah, the one that lets you go crazy AND save, and a minimonsta and uprgrade my ram to 1.5 gigs. i'll be kickin ass then!

hav u registered ur live lite? u can buy the downloadable version for only 299!

live 7. reason 4
taylor 614ce
banshee talkbox

thumperjack

Post by thumperjack » Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:30 pm

actually im a student, so can get the full montey for 250, and operator for 80.

but shhhhhh :) :) :) :) :)

replicant6

no here's the deal

Post by replicant6 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:19 am

Live Lite 6 M-Audio Edition.... You can save.

there are some serious limitations though... Like previous versions of Live Lite - 4 midi, 4 audio tracks, 4 scenes

Racks can have only one layer. Can only have 2 insert effects running (that's 2 total... NOT 2 per track)... can only have ONE external AU plugin running...

I feel I'm almost better off with the demo cause you can at least develop ideas even if you can't save them. Every time I try to do something with this version, it tells me to upgrade. SUCKS. Totally useless. Great if their goal is to frustrate potential customers into buying.

God, I can't wait to get my full version upgrade.

R6

thumperjack

Post by thumperjack » Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:40 am

oh i just had to put it into Lite mode so be able to save. one thing i found that makes it usefull is that since you are given limitations, it makes your work in creative ways to get around them. like you really get 3 effects total, and just put them all on the return track and send all your tracks throught that track. and then route that sound to an audio track and re-sample your clip with effects and then re-insert that back into one of your allowed audio tracks. it's kinda fun actually, but not nearliy as much fun as putting 3 beat reapeats on a vocal clip.
aburgener wrote:don't include me in your stupid fucking bitchfest because i made two posts about kebabs.
MBP-UB 17" 3.06 C2D, 4 gig RAM, Live 7.0.10, MOTU ultralite
guitarrig/ezdrummer/sd2.0/automat/battery/reaktor/massive/absynth

djmyke

Re: no here's the deal

Post by djmyke » Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:40 am

replicant6 wrote:Live Lite 6 M-Audio Edition.... You can save.

there are some serious limitations though... Like previous versions of Live Lite - 4 midi, 4 audio tracks, 4 scenes

Racks can have only one layer. Can only have 2 insert effects running (that's 2 total... NOT 2 per track)... can only have ONE external AU plugin running...

I feel I'm almost better off with the demo cause you can at least develop ideas even if you can't save them. Every time I try to do something with this version, it tells me to upgrade. SUCKS. Totally useless. Great if their goal is to frustrate potential customers into buying.

God, I can't wait to get my full version upgrade.

yeah i know how u feel... i made really nice tracks lately but at the end of the day... cant save that precious moment....

good marketing tactic! im getting the full version next week ....

R6

live 7. reason 4
taylor 614ce
banshee talkbox

bulo

Post by bulo » Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:07 am

try this:
open a rack in each tracks... and then you could put in as many effects as you want (live plug, other plugs are limited to one or two):wink:
Here I also can open for exemple one amplitube, 2 absynth, or two instruments... or 4 impulse, or 4 simpler...
don't know if it's a bug but it's pretty cool
My tongue spits english like a frog and my head is currently searching for a comprehensive language.
And I shit here

tamtam

Re: no here's the deal

Post by tamtam » Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:49 pm

replicant6 wrote:Live Lite 6 M-Audio Edition.... You can save.

[...]
hi there,
I'm thinking of buying an (unused) Live Lite Licence from a friend who got it with a M-Audio interface, and I am still unclear about the limitations to expect. I'm fine with 4 Audio Tracks and 2 FX, but any clarification on this is welcome:

- Could someone confirm the 4 scenes limitation? This could be a show stopper, and it isn't mentioned in the m-audio faq
http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=sup ... 125f306123

- Is it possible to edit in arrange view like in the full version? 'cause here is a post (2nd last) that claims it isn't possible with the lite version.
http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27182

thanks.

Pepehouse

Post by Pepehouse » Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:35 pm

Confirmed the 4 scenes limitation and yes, you can edit in arrange view.
A day without House Music isn't the end of the world but is so damn close.

http://soundcloud.com/pepehouse
http://www.myspace.com/pepehouse
http://www.worlddj.com/pepe-house

tamtam

Post by tamtam » Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:42 pm

Pepehouse wrote:Confirmed the 4 scenes limitation
well, not what I wanted to hear :wink: but thanks for the quick reply.

djmyke

Post by djmyke » Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:26 pm

i bought the downloadable version...

got the serial but still.. cant save sessions ..why o why?

live 7. reason 4
taylor 614ce
banshee talkbox