Phatmatik as a VST in Live on intel Mac?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
resonatorman

Phatmatik as a VST in Live on intel Mac?

Post by resonatorman » Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:40 pm

Hiya Folks
Anyone using Phatmatik in Live as a VST on an Intel Mac? Does it show up in your VST folder are you able to drag & drop like in the tutorial on the izotope website?

The reason I ask is that I downloaded the demo to try, however it doesn't show up as a VST. It shows up as AU plug, however you are unable to drag & drop into the set, has anyone else found this? It is meant to be UB.

As far as VST is concerned I did re-scan to no avail. I have checked my HD>Library>Audio>Plug-ins>VST>Phatmatik is there, however it doesn't have an icon attached to it like Ozone or Trash, so I was wondering if that may have something to do with it, that it may not be being recpgnised properly on my system? I emailed izotope & they said they'll look into it. So I thought I'd just throw it out here & see if anyone else is using it &/or having the problem or no problem.

Thanks

resonatorman

Post by resonatorman » Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:35 pm

bump, anyone?

Krugger

Post by Krugger » Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:49 pm

hey dude,

i've been trying to use it as AU but it has a main bug in saving my work.

Please see thread:
http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic. ... highlight=

and let me know if you get the same prob

About the VST, i don't remember if it showed when i had it installed

Also, those IZotope peeps have decided to stop answering my queries on this bug!! Which way did you contact them? Via their online support form?

Again, let me know please if you can save your work with the AU version in Ableton.
Quickest way to do it is to load up a sample, slice it up, put some distinct settings to some slices and maybe tweak the master settings.
Then save as preset in Ableton
And.......reload! Mine fails - I lose all my work

Thanks
Kr.

kenn michael

Post by kenn michael » Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:29 pm

yep, I have the same problem. the bug has been in existence for over 4 months, and Izotope has stopped answering my emails as well....

shame.

LL

Post by LL » Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:31 pm

I can confirm that what resonatorman describes. No vst in Live, and no drag and drop - at least I'm not able.

And yes, Krugger, there seems to be something fishy with the preset management - I saved a preset, saved my liveset, closed, and reopened. Voila! All the envelopes had been shrunked to their smallest possible size. Just a quick test, though.

And of course there is the annoying fact that all hostes think the Izotope plug is something new, so I'm not able to to load an arrangement with my old phatmatic presets. I see Izotope suggest installing both the older and the newer version, but (arrrgh :evil: ) the old version is of course PPC and not an Universal Binary. Anyway I haven't tried their solution, cause I've been waiting for an update which would just FIX the problem!

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:33 pm

Hi guys,

I know this doesn't solve the preset-saving thing, but have you tried saving your presets as clips within ableton lives browser instead of through the plugin? that works for me...

Please let me know if that works. Thanks.
mbp 2.66, osx 10.6.8, 8GB ram.

LL

Post by LL » Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:47 pm

Cool trick, machinate. Seems to work fine. Thanks.
LL

Krugger

Post by Krugger » Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:48 am

OMG!!

It's true! Saving as a Live Clip keeps all the settings. :D

My save problems are over.

Don't really care now whether Izotope answer my requests or not - Hopefully their next version will solve this problem on UBinary.

I'm happy to manage loops that I muck about with in Phatmatik Pro using Ableton's browser and Live Clips. It's tidy and I can add further effects on the track and save the whole thing.

Genius! Thanks Machinate.

Now I wonder if there's a similar trick in Logic - cause it breaks there too!!

Kr.

resonatorman

Post by resonatorman » Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:58 am

Thanks for the reply guys. Not good but glad I'm not the only one having prob's. However Machinate suggestion sounds as though it could be a goer. Interesting customer service from Izotope I emailed them got an email reply which was vague & not really encouraging, maybe it was because I had downloaded the demo but you would think they might have had a dfferent response to try encourage one to buy?

the unknown wanderer

Re: Phatmatik as a VST in Live on intel Mac?

Post by the unknown wanderer » Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:33 am

resonatorman wrote:Hiya Folks
Anyone using Phatmatik in Live as a VST on an Intel Mac? Does it show up in your VST folder are you able to drag & drop like in the tutorial on the izotope website?

The reason I ask is that I downloaded the demo to try, however it doesn't show up as a VST. It shows up as AU plug, however you are unable to drag & drop into the set, has anyone else found this? It is meant to be UB.

As far as VST is concerned I did re-scan to no avail. I have checked my HD>Library>Audio>Plug-ins>VST>Phatmatik is there, however it doesn't have an icon attached to it like Ozone or Trash, so I was wondering if that may have something to do with it, that it may not be being recpgnised properly on my system? I emailed izotope & they said they'll look into it. So I thought I'd just throw it out here & see if anyone else is using it &/or having the problem or no problem.

Thanks
is it universal binary compatible, if not then it wont show up in your folder and you wont be able to run it

resonatorman

Post by resonatorman » Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:36 am

Yep it's UB!

Krugger

Post by Krugger » Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:40 am

I tried to load it in NI KORE

cant see it as AU in KORE but VST!!!! Go figure out

it loads up fine in KORE's channel and when I try to open the VST's interface, it's a blank window

Dunno who coded Phatmatik Pro for Le Mac but he needs a cigarette break, a strong coffee & a kick in the bollocks when he gets back.

Kr.

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:42 pm

Krugger wrote:OMG!!

It's true! Saving as a Live Clip keeps all the settings. :D

My save problems are over.
:D
i found this method to be a god-send, since you can do all sorts of little beats, fills and such, including clip envelopes if you wand, and save them all bundled up together. This by far surpasses saving vsti/AU presets, I reckon.
mbp 2.66, osx 10.6.8, 8GB ram.

b0unce

Post by b0unce » Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:18 pm

resonatorman wrote:you would think they might have had a dfferent response to try encourage one to buy?
what, and lie to you ?

if its not going to happen any time soon, thats what I want to hear...eeeeeEEEEEeeeeEEEEEEeEeEspecially if I'm about to put money in their pocket.
spreader of butter

Krugger

Post by Krugger » Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:51 pm

I agree with b0unce here

However, it's still shocking that knowing the UB (or maybe even Mac in general) problems on Phatmatik Pro very well, they still sell it.

Surely they KNOW peeps who buy it for their Mac will defo come back, bang on Tech Support's door and ask WTF is going on.

Oh well....it's sad really cause not everyone uses Live, not everyone knows about Machinate's clever workaround (which ends up giving a better way to work), most people would give up on the product after checking more times than not for an update and in the end, they got a bit of a unique product here (more flexible than Recycle and you don't need to leave your DAW) that they don't want to put extra resources on and get rid of the teething problems once and for all.

Kr.