The Ulitmate LIVE controller now works! The MOTORMIX BABY!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
dustyny1

The Ulitmate LIVE controller now works! The MOTORMIX BABY!

Post by dustyny1 » Thu Oct 23, 2003 1:01 am

This guy Darko (very cool dude) created a piece of software that lets you
use the MotorMix with live. Holy Sh*t the motor mix is nearly identical to LIVE's setup. If you have a MotorMix you should really check this out. If you dont, go buy a MotorMix and get the MidiMixer software. ;)

http://www.midimixer.com/

I was actually going to custom build a midifader box just for live, but this saved me the trouble.

BTW: I found a bug with the software yesterday and the guy is fixing it as we speak, said he would have it repaired in a few hours. Now that is support! He even went thru the trouble of creating a custom setup for live which he sent over to me (two hours after I spoke to him).

Egh.. does this sound to much like a infomercial? Sorry but I am a bit excited...

dustyny1

Post by dustyny1 » Thu Oct 23, 2003 1:29 am

Ha he sent me the updated file already!

bensuthers

Post by bensuthers » Thu Oct 23, 2003 2:08 am

does it work on mac yet?

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 23, 2003 2:16 am

bensuthers wrote:does it work on mac yet?
Sorry, still working on that one unfortunately. I am making progress though.

- Darko

dustyny1

Post by dustyny1 » Thu Oct 23, 2003 2:29 pm

The updated file is perfect, creates a two way communication so all the faders move and everything.. You don't lose all the goodies! OMG!! Awesome.

Jed

Post by Jed » Thu Oct 23, 2003 7:17 pm

Pleeaasse for Mac OMG Pleeeaaaseee!!!!!!!

Thanks for doing this

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 25, 2003 7:31 am

If you're interested in a Mac version please send a mail to macversion@midimixer.com so I can email you when it's done. It also helps me justify the work required to get the Mac version done!

- Darko

vandeloow

Post by vandeloow » Sat Oct 25, 2003 3:13 pm

does it also support the logiccontrol/mackiecontrol ?

darko

Post by darko » Sat Oct 25, 2003 5:28 pm

It's funny you should mention that because I recently sent off an email to Mackie tech people for the MIDI specs (no replay yet). Those units are in the same boat as the MotorMix, good "soft" control (the knobs are particularly cool) but no general MIDI support.

It shouldn't be too much work to support them if I can get the specs and a loaner unit for testing.

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 30, 2003 4:06 pm

please please 4 mac tooo...
and make it look like a mac program :-)

i want to sell my logic control and focus on the motormix... the logic control suxx, always doin stuff I don't want to!

tnx 4 the work..

NicholasGuest

Post by NicholasGuest » Sun Nov 02, 2003 9:09 am

Darko,

Well done on the MidiMixer to date.

A suggestion with regards to Mackie Control thread.

If "someone" makes a generic HUI (Mackie) library, it then can be used for three(or more?) pieces of hardware.

Mackie Control
Baby HUI (I have one these, which does not work with Live)
Mackie HUI

It would be fantastic to use my Baby HUI with Live. I would also purchase Midimixer if this feature was to be available.

Later

Nick

darko

Post by darko » Sun Nov 02, 2003 1:10 pm

I'd love to do a Mackie version, supporting all three units, but I'm going to have track down the specs first. I've gotten no response from the company to date.

Does anyone know where I might find the MIDI specs for these controllers or a contact inside Mackie who might be able to help?

Cheers,
Darko.

NicholasGuest

Post by NicholasGuest » Sun Nov 02, 2003 2:13 pm

Darko,

I think I have found a Mackie HUI midi implementation chart.

Email me on getdown71@hotmail.com and I will send it to you.

Go Darko Go.... :o

bensuthers

Post by bensuthers » Mon Nov 03, 2003 1:51 am

the original motormix (ie mine, and I don't think the software's changed much) worked on the 'hui' personality setting in protools 4.

which sort of means to me.....that....

well, fill in the gaps!

logicat2001

Post by logicat2001 » Tue Nov 04, 2003 5:24 am

Hi Darko,

One of the three protocols available via the Mackie Controller Universal is called "Logic Control". The other two are "HUI Emulation" and "Mackie Control".

Logic has published their MIDI implementation in full in the Logic Control Manual. Go to Ch. 13 MIDI Implementation on pg. 105.

I hope it helps. If you can code such a software unit, I'll be up front with a payment to purchase it. A software remapper that allows one to map the Logic Control protocol to generic MIDI messages via a simple on-screen GUI would be a grand idea.

Best,
Logicat