Warp track and generate tempo map

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
hambone1

Warp track and generate tempo map

Post by hambone1 » Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:11 am

I'm sure this one has already been asked for, but it can't be that difficult, Abes!

I want to warp a track, but play it back unwarped, i.e. Live generates an automated tempo map that makes the original track play back exactly as the original.

That way, any accompanying audio or MIDI follows the tempo of the original song.

LOFA

Post by LOFA » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:49 am

Word. This sounds fantastic!

rachmanoff

Post by rachmanoff » Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:34 am

for the love of god, yes!!

underhill

Post by underhill » Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:47 pm

I was told Live had this feature when I purchased it from Guitar Center. It sold me on Live.

beamsville

Post by beamsville » Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:50 am

actually, a possibly related question:

if I warp a track, can I transfer the warpings to another track?

an example application is that I have multiple recorded tracks from a live band (who all follow the drummer)...
once I've warped the rhythm part (so that I've imposed MY groove), can I transfer those warpings to the other tracks? or do I have to re-warp every individual track?

serotoninsteve

Post by serotoninsteve » Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:52 pm

beamsville wrote:actually, a possibly related question:

an example application is that I have multiple recorded tracks from a live band (who all follow the drummer)...
once I've warped the rhythm part (so that I've imposed MY groove), can I transfer those warpings to the other tracks? or do I have to re-warp every individual track?
You can do that by using the replace button in clip view, but the replaced sample must have the exact same lenght as the previousely warped one.
Otherwise you loose the warpmarkers.

And a big yes for the tempo map!!! Please!!!

Greetings
MBP 15,4" 2,53GHz C2D 4Gb late 2008 / Mac OS X.6.2 / Novation Remote 37SL Compact / TriggerFinger / FaderfoxDJ2 / Padkontrol / UC33 / SM Audio TB202 / Audiofire2 / Apogee Duet / Event OPAL's / HD25 /

rachmanoff

Re: Warp track and generate tempo map

Post by rachmanoff » Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:35 am

hambone1 wrote:I'm sure this one has already been asked for, but it can't be that difficult, Abes!

I want to warp a track, but play it back unwarped, i.e. Live generates an automated tempo map that makes the original track play back exactly as the original.

That way, any accompanying audio or MIDI follows the tempo of the original song.
looks like this one didn't make it in this time :( i still believe thought that this kind of thing could really open up live to vast new areas of music. someday.. maybe next year :)

Pitch Black

Post by Pitch Black » Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:42 am

beamsville wrote:actually, a possibly related question:

As well as the method described by SerotoninSteve, multi-track warping is standard in Live 6. MUUWAHAHAHAHAH