[OT] Help to stay away from alcohol needed

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
zstowasser

Post by zstowasser » Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:38 am

forge wrote: my main hurdle though is stress, about 5pm yesterday I started getting really stressed about something and my first thought was "mmmm beer"
Amino Acids will fix you right up pretty much instantly. 5-10minutes of taking the right Aminos for your given feeling (Stress, tired, etc). The book "The Diet Cure" has a spreadsheet listening feelings, addictive substances used and the amino acids required.

I posted earlier loosely about which amino acids are needed but the book goes into much detail! You probably need all of the aminos I listed.

forge

Post by forge » Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:42 am

zstowasser wrote:
forge wrote: my main hurdle though is stress, about 5pm yesterday I started getting really stressed about something and my first thought was "mmmm beer"
Amino Acids will fix you right up pretty much instantly. 5-10minutes of taking the right Aminos for your given feeling (Stress, tired, etc). The book "The Diet Cure" has a spreadsheet listening feelings, addictive substances used and the amino acids required.

I posted earlier loosely about which amino acids are needed but the book goes into much detail! You probably need all of the aminos I listed.
cool..might look into it

conny

Post by conny » Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:38 am

Stress, yes.
There are a lot of self helping techniques. Many deals with breathing. I use some simple ones to relax when I have hard to sleep. Focusing on body parts in a papptern from feet to head, breathing, a slow dull procedure that eventually turns the brain off.
And excercise. Swimming is a great relaxor for me. And long walks.

// C
PC Laptop Acer, XP Home SP2, build in crappy sound card.
Bleeps and Blops!
http://bluemoose.greatnow.com/

amo

Post by amo » Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:16 am

smutek wrote:No, but I will look into that book.

Thanks.
Hey Smutek, back on the hard road soon ? I am myself, after a failure last september and some three weeks smokefree. At that time, I did read the book. Felt like auto-conditionning my mind. Some truth is there, I guess it somehow worked on me but not for so long.
I personnaly don't like the method so much, but give it a try, it's cheap and does no harm. And anything helping getting rid of that addiction sounds good to me... Hell !
Hope we can walk parts of the road together... I'm waiting for ya (day 2 here).

Conny >> I'm really happy to think about you right now, I too remember very well, as a strong image, that dinner you mentionned, and I see you: I'm telling you, we could have the same conversation about PKD and you and me drinking tea, smoke free etc ! I SEE it ! hehe
Be well bro.

amo

:? err... euu... YES ! BTW, Live is a nice music software that allows artists to unleach from the Dominate/Dominating relationship with a personnal computer. :lol:
Live 5.0.3 - IBM Thinkpad R51 1.5ghz Centrino - 1,5 Go RAM - 7200 RPM 2nd HDD intern - RME Multiface - Windows XP Pro SP2

forge

Post by forge » Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:38 am

well this thread has developed - and now I feel responsible to all you people to stick to it....like I'd be letting you all down if I gave in right now and had a beer.......

Strange.

amo

Post by amo » Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:40 am

forge wrote:well this thread has developed - and now I feel responsible to all you people to stick to it....like I'd be letting you all down if I gave in right now and had a beer.......

Strange.
hooked !
Live 5.0.3 - IBM Thinkpad R51 1.5ghz Centrino - 1,5 Go RAM - 7200 RPM 2nd HDD intern - RME Multiface - Windows XP Pro SP2

suburbanbather

Post by suburbanbather » Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:08 pm

Not a single drink last night, Fri. I've been smoke free for almost three months. :D

conny

Post by conny » Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:48 pm

forge wrote: - and now I feel responsible to all you people to stick to it...
Strange.
I know. But some relief not being the only one responsible.

Saturday. have helped my ex to move. Nice day. Now I will go for a cup of tea in town.

// C
Bleeps and Blops!

forge

Post by forge » Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:22 pm

2 days.

Having this puppy seems to be helping because I am forced to get up and go outside at 6am and the sun is shining, birds making a racket and it's actually really nice out there

And it feels different if you're a little less groggy from the substances

I also talked to my missus last night about all this which I was reluctant to do because I didnt want to jinx it and I have said alot of these things to her before then done nothing!

Funny how writing in text with people I cant even see (apart from conny, amo and sweetjesus who I have met of course!) can help you organise your thoughts and make decisions.

The timing feels right this time though because I was getting very bored with things the way they were and naturally getting sick of the substance thing and all that it carries with it

your thread was very timely for me conny, I have been down this road a few times and not succeeded - hence the reason I was so set on learning to control it rather than stopping altogether - but that is one of the things that made me realise that I had to - the fact that I was so dead set against stopping altogether meant that I actually couldnt. It was writing all this stuff to you guys that made me realise how lame my arguments were and how much when actually reading the words in from of me it really did not sound like somebody who was in control.

smutek

Post by smutek » Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:29 pm

Awesome conny and forge! Keep it up!

You guys are both an inspiration, even to a person who has been clean/sober for a while!

hambone1

Post by hambone1 » Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:33 pm

Conny... your thread is helping so many people to give up destructive and harmful habits. Great stuff! (Now if I can only give up masturbation...)

The reality of life can be, and often is, boring. There are so many fantastic non-destructive activities to alleviate that boredom and to enhance the wonder of life.

Good luck to everyone!

conny

Post by conny » Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:10 pm

Yes it's amazing how trying to help yourself may help others.

Right now, this is what I'm thinking about:
In exactly one month, my ex will have a party to celebrate her new apartment.
Lots of friends will be there.
If it feel OK, then I might bring a bottle of wine. Not decided yet, but I think it may be alright.

Or?

// C
Bleeps and Blops!

forge

Post by forge » Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:12 pm

hambone1 wrote:.....(Now if I can only give up masturbation...)
....!
ah it never hurt no one! Unless you're one of those people who strangles yourself with a belt - auto erotic asphyxiation

hambone1

Post by hambone1 » Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:07 pm

That reminds me of a joke...

What's the difference between Princess Di and Michael Hutchence?

She WASN'T wearing her belt... he WAS wearing his!

alan*

Post by alan* » Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:17 am

Been following this thread since it started and just wanted to say thanks to conny for starting it and everyone else that has contributed along the way, it's helped me to make a change. This weekend was the first weekend for me that I can remember, in must be at least 5 years, that i have gone without a drink. I've been a bit of a shocker lately, and have just been getting worse over the last couple years. So anyway, thanks. I might even just keep this going.
2.16ghz mbp 3gb, motu ultralite

http://myspace.com/indijika