Create Continuous MP3 Audtion set .. how??

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
supster

Create Continuous MP3 Audtion set .. how??

Post by supster » Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:18 pm

im looking for a way to do this, figured someone on here might know:

i need to be able to take a directory of 64kbps MP3s, and easily join them into one long set for audtioning purposes.

set cant be mixed ... just allows you to play through the entire set with gaps between the tracks so they are all numbered and can be skipped to in sequence

in other words: like burning an unmixed audio cd, except it burns one long mp3 to disk

has to be efficient .. ie .. some software that will allow me to do it, freeware or otherwise

does anybody have a clue about this because it must be easy to do somehow?

Last edited by supster on Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--
NEW SPECS: Athlon 4200+ dual; A8N-SLI m/b; Win XP Home SP2; 1 GB RAM; 2x 7200 RPM HDD: 1 internal, 1 Firewire 800 (Firewire is project data drive); M-Audio Triggerfinger

josh 'vonster' von; tracks and sets
http://www.joshvon.com

amo

Post by amo » Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:22 pm

Don't winamp and itune have a crossfade facility ? I think so...
Live 5.0.3 - IBM Thinkpad R51 1.5ghz Centrino - 1,5 Go RAM - 7200 RPM 2nd HDD intern - RME Multiface - Windows XP Pro SP2

supster

Post by supster » Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:32 pm

amo wrote:Don't winamp and itune have a crossfade facility ? I think so...

definitely cant be crossfaded, the set needs to have gaps so each track is numbered and can be skipped to.

can winamp do this? because i have a pro version registered ..
--
NEW SPECS: Athlon 4200+ dual; A8N-SLI m/b; Win XP Home SP2; 1 GB RAM; 2x 7200 RPM HDD: 1 internal, 1 Firewire 800 (Firewire is project data drive); M-Audio Triggerfinger

amo

Post by amo » Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:43 pm

oh, I misunderstood your first post. So, you want to join all the mp3s, then burn them to CD but still add track indexes for skipping ?
Got a question: what is the difference for you between burning a long mp3 and add indexes, and burn many mp3s one after the other: the resulting CD will always play from beginning to end.... and if you axtract it, it will always give different tracks.
Other than that, do you use NERO ? cause I think you can add track indexes in some editor. Then just join the tracks using Soundforge or even Live, render to wav... Am I still missing something ? (am at work and read you fast).
Live 5.0.3 - IBM Thinkpad R51 1.5ghz Centrino - 1,5 Go RAM - 7200 RPM 2nd HDD intern - RME Multiface - Windows XP Pro SP2

supster

Post by supster » Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:58 pm

amo wrote:oh, I misunderstood your first post. So, you want to join all the mp3s, then burn them to CD but still add track indexes for skipping ?

no, im not burning a cd, just creating the file for distribution ...

cant use Live, because that would take a lot longer and involve waiting for the file waveforms to draw (lots of them) ... rendering to wav ... then back to mp3.

not efficient enough. its not for personal reasons, its for business

--

amo

Post by amo » Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:02 pm

ok sorry :lol:
only thing I can possibly think of then is a m3u playlist... cause people auditionning it would have any kind of app to read mp3 right ?
doono, I'll :arrow: and let others give clues if any.
Didn't mean to give you bad advice ! :oops:

Cheers

spiderprod

Post by spiderprod » Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:16 pm

i am pretty sure you can do it using flash mx ,but if you don't know about flash it will take you quite a while to get around it .

supster

Post by supster » Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:33 pm

amo wrote:ok sorry :lol:
only thing I can possibly think of then is a m3u playlist... cause people auditionning it would have any kind of app to read mp3 right ?
doono, I'll :arrow: and let others give clues if any.
Didn't mean to give you bad advice ! :oops:

Cheers

no, no problem, appreciate the effort ..

i found a freeware program that does the trick called MP3 Album Maker. works great

however, one thing i didnt consider: ok the tracks join into the file,

but is there an easy way to skip from track inside the typical MP3 player, like you can on a CD?

no - the fast forward puts you to next track in playlist. not within the file.

hmm
--