finally got an RME card

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Kenfen

finally got an RME card

Post by Kenfen » Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:25 pm

This is not a diss post on M-Audio, but I just upgraded my card from the Ozone onboard card to the RME HDSP 9632 and I'm sooooo glad I made the move. I've been wanting an RME card for years, but just couldn't seem to get it together to get one.

Of course, there's really no way to compare the two, and I'm not trying to. The Ozone has it's place and I'd not try to diss it at all. It's a wonderful little piece of gear to do all that for $137 on Ebay, eh? What more could I ask for? It'll still have a nice home here on the desk.

But, I just want to encourage anyone looking for a great card, that the RME HDSP 9632 sounds great, works great. I'll not need another card anytime soon, that's for sure. Not the cheapest around, but I can assure you, you'll hear the difference.

Regards,

Kenfen

Jan Holm

Post by Jan Holm » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:40 pm

Had mine for more than a year now, I'll second everything.
Fantastic drivers and a killer tool called Digicheck.

http://www.rme-audio.de/images/totalyser/total_l.gif

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:07 am

nice one... but of course, this is to be expected. RME is pretty much the best soundcard(s) around, unless you dig into the high end league...

beardedone

Post by beardedone » Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:42 pm

I recently bought a Multiface II. I was using an Aardvark DP 24/96 - the difference is impressive esp with respect to latency. I can go to 1 ms - :D :D :D

minimal

Post by minimal » Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:49 pm

beardedone wrote:I recently bought a Multiface II. I was using an Aardvark DP 24/96 - the difference is impressive esp with respect to latency. I can go to 1 ms - :D :D :D
multiface II here too, couldn't be more happy with it. Expecially with the routing possibilities offered by the totalmix matrix.

TheAnimal

Post by TheAnimal » Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:40 pm

minimal wrote: multiface II here too, couldn't be more happy with it. Expecially with the routing possibilities offered by the totalmix matrix.
Yes, the total mix matrix is soooo cool :D :D :D

Unfortunately there is no Digicheck for MacOSX and it's not planned either :(
MacBook Pro, iMac i5, Fireface 800, Fireface 400

MrTom

Re: finally got an RME card

Post by MrTom » Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:03 pm

Kenfen wrote:This is not a diss post on M-Audio, but I just upgraded my card from the Ozone onboard card to the RME HDSP 9632 and I'm sooooo glad I made the move. I've been wanting an RME card for years, but just couldn't seem to get it together to get one.

Of course, there's really no way to compare the two, and I'm not trying to. The Ozone has it's place and I'd not try to diss it at all. It's a wonderful little piece of gear to do all that for $137 on Ebay, eh? What more could I ask for? It'll still have a nice home here on the desk.

But, I just want to encourage anyone looking for a great card, that the RME HDSP 9632 sounds great, works great. I'll not need another card anytime soon, that's for sure. Not the cheapest around, but I can assure you, you'll hear the difference.

Regards,

Kenfen
I was using a RME for years, now I have Millennia preamp and an Apogee Converter....what should I say ....I just want to encourage anyone looking for a great card :-)...

LivePsy

Post by LivePsy » Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:10 pm

Thanks for the pointer, the RPM looks VERY good. Does anyone give that a thumbs up as well?

I'm intrigued that they say zero latency is not possible with USB. Does FireWire have any advantages over USB2 on a PC?

Thanks,
B

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:35 am

live psy wrote"
Does FireWire have any advantages over USB2 on a PC?
yes if you have a full 6pin connex.

firewire is genrallz better for audio, it§s more reliable, and the chaining actuallz works, zou can easz run a crad and daisz chain several other usnits like HDs without loosing bandwith, also firewire takes less strain - bandwith from zour szstem and regarding speed, the 400mbs compared to 480mbs, exists on a piece of paper... Firewire is faster. also firewire is capable of carrying more juice altogether. (e.g. feeding selfpowered devices like a traveller or selfpowered HDs or DVD burners)

but that applys only if you have a *true* 6pin connex if you have a 4pin, it does not matter. usb 2,0 will be fine.