Live randomly plays at double tempo-restart and it's normal!

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
zevieee

Live randomly plays at double tempo-restart and it's normal!

Post by zevieee » Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:08 pm

Issue:

For no apparent reason, Live plays my project at double tempo. The global tempo is set properly at say 126, I make my arrangement, multiple clips, everythings fine -- I make a call for a few minutes, return to live, hit the spacebar - and it plays the arrangement at double tempo. If I halve all the tempos of all the clips playing, it's back to normal but all the numbers are off - and if I send it to my friends computer, it plays at half speed.

I restart live and it's back to normal.

This happens with random files, no pattern, and the same clip or project will play normal once and double speed the next time and then normal again.

System

WinXP Pro SP2
Acer Travelmate 8000
Echo Indigo DJ
NO MIDI Sync being used
NO MIDI Controller being used

What Ableton Support Says
Send us the files, which I did, but isn't really helpful since it happens to any file, clip or project. But I sent them that days problem and they couldn't replicate the problem.

Argghhhh
:(

Anyone experienced anything remotely like this? I can't be the only one...or can I??

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:05 am

uninstall live entirely and reinstall it.... if that doesn't fix it I would try reformating. I'm betting there is something on your system messing with things. a certain plug. maybe a weird rewire application. or a virus. or any number of things. midi application floating in the background that you can't see?

just reformat. it's a pain in the ass but it helps weird stuff like that.
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

henry ford

Post by henry ford » Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:12 am

hi...

if you have a midi controller set to change tempo , try removing that midi control...maybe you have some kind of midi echo causing problems.

i had midi sync on , to sync with an external synth , anyways...the signal came back into live because for some reason the sync signal wasnt stopping at the synth. this signal became attached to a parameter on one of my effects and was causing a fluttering of effect.....it could have easily been any other parameter including tempo , so that - or something like that - could explain your problem , but its a long shot.

I think reformatting is a little severe , if your registery is corrupt , theres no reason why it should effect your tempo ? ableton would definatly know this and tell you. Re-installing cant do any harm.

and yes , i have experienced something similar. when i record loops with the current update , live 5.02 , it stops recording a note too early (same things happening to at least one other poster...look for the thread with the topic 'UnEvEn loop lengths....') not matter what instrument/effect setup im using , the similarity with your problem is that abletons support is the same... 'it works fine on our machines.'

subfiddle

sample rates

Post by subfiddle » Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:50 am

Hi, probably not the issue, but you may want to check your sample rate, perhaps the level you're encoding at is different than what it's playing back on. Cheers, good luck.
Be our friend at http://www.myspace.com/bombergirlband ||| Our main toys: Mac Dual Core, 2.3ghz, 3.5gbs ram, Reason 3.0.4, TC Powercore FX/Instruments, MOTU Traveler, Live 6.0.1, Stylus RMX, LinPlug Instruments

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:28 pm

Braau. that's so weird.

maybe try trashing your prefs?

or maybe ableton 5.0.2 isn't compatable with mustache 2.0.3???

.lm.
TimeableFloat ???S?e?n?d?I?n?f?o

deepfunktribal

Post by deepfunktribal » Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:45 pm

have the same problem - also use echo indigo dj and a sony vaio s4hp and ableton 4.02
seems to be a problem/incompatibility between indigo dj and live !

plze help !

zevieee

deepfunktribal - any luck?

Post by zevieee » Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:02 pm

Did you speak to ableton support? It still seems to be happenin though not as often.

Anyone else?

=================

How's the snow muffin?

We miss you here already...

~z

henry ford

Post by henry ford » Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:45 am

deepfunktribal wrote:have the same problem - also use echo indigo dj and a sony vaio s4hp and ableton 4.02
seems to be a problem/incompatibility between indigo dj and live !

plze help !

go to the downloads section , and get the live 4.1.4 update , it might help

deepfunktribal

Post by deepfunktribal » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:11 am

same problem here with live 5.02 - using indigo dj with newest drivers - heard from others that it must be a live-echo-indigo dj problem.