Ableton for simple Video / Youtube rendering?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
buckman

Ableton for simple Video / Youtube rendering?

Post by buckman » Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:08 am

I would like to edit video and music for a new Youtube channel, so would like to know if Ableton would be up to the job for simple cut past and edits of video?
I am quite fluent in Ableton after using it daily for years, but never used the Video aspect of it.

Can anyone tell me the best settings for HD video and audio for Youtube in Ableton?

To give you an idea, my videos would be meditation, mindfulness and relaxation, so 1-2 hrs long, HD video of free stock footage, of landscapes, scenery etc just one after another, and my music underneath
So no complicated edits, just pictures/scenes and the music is all done by myself. ​

Would anyone have any tips or pointers on using Live 10 so I could set up a template, and really get to grips with video and audio and the render process? ie: MP4? AVI etc?

Or would it be better to use something completely different for better quality renders for Youtube videos?

Thank you for any help

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: Ableton for simple Video / Youtube rendering?

Post by [jur] » Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:15 am

The only edits available for video in Live are cut/copy/paste, you can't even e.g fade. It's perfectly doable to use Live for simple video edits, but this will all be about hard cuts :wink:
Ableton Forum Moderator

notecrusher

Re: Ableton for simple Video / Youtube rendering?

Post by notecrusher » Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:05 pm

Ableton is fantastic for audio, but for video, especially the kind you're describing, you might find it a bit limiting. I've used it for years, mainly for audio. But while it can handle basic video tasks, for the type of editing you're describing, you'd benefit from something more specialized in video. I personally shifted to using tools from movavi.com for video editing. It made it super simple to stitch together long scenes and manage high-quality outputs, perfect for YouTube.