Novation sl mk3 mod wheel

Discuss Live-ready controllers other than Push.
JDS123

Novation sl mk3 mod wheel

Post by JDS123 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:46 am

I somehow got the mod wheel to come on, but it only works in Ableton, is there a reason it doesn't do anything when hooked to my hard synths outside ableton

Also, when in Components, I go to adjust my mk3 and it only shows 1 wheel, obviously I have two, pitch and mod, whats up

S4racen

Re: Novation sl mk3 mod wheel

Post by S4racen » Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:56 am

Two questions to put to Novation...

Cheers
D

JohnLoftus

Re: Novation sl mk3 mod wheel

Post by JohnLoftus » Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:05 am

JDS123 wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:46 am
I somehow got the mod wheel to come on, but it only works in Ableton, is there a reason it doesn't do anything when hooked to my hard synths outside ableton

Also, when in Components, I go to adjust my mk3 and it only shows 1 wheel, obviously I have two, pitch and mod, whats up
Sorry you're having problems with that. When used with Ableton Live, SL MkIII will use the dedicated script that assigns controls to the mod wheel. When used with your hardware, you will need to use Components to create a template with an assignment and range of your choice for the mod wheel. If a mapping is not enabled, the LED or screen associated with the controls will be blank to show it's disabled and not in use. There is only one assignable mod wheel on the hardware so Components will only show the mod wheel and not the pitch wheel whose functionality is essentially fixed and can't be edited using Components.

Hope this is helpful.
John // Novation UK 🇬🇧