Roland "Aira" - hardware drum machine :)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
kb420

Re: Roland "Aira" - hardware drum machine :)

Post by kb420 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:57 pm

Since NONE of it is TRUE analog, can't they just make the whole system a plug in???
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger..........."
-Friedrich Nietzsche-

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:58 pm

In one of the interviews today they said they are making plug ins of their most popular synths, and that the SH1 at least will work as a controller for them. I'd imagine the TR8 would do the same if hey do a 808 or 909 plug in.

kb420

Post by kb420 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:22 pm

D16 Group really beat them to it. They have plugs for all of this already. It may not say Roland, but they sound great.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger..........."
-Friedrich Nietzsche-

Post by 102455 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:28 pm

Angstrom wrote:This is Roland's Aira range

Are you saying Roland are "jumping the shark"? :lol:

icedsushi

Post by icedsushi » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:29 am

kb420 wrote:Since NONE of it is TRUE analog, can't they just make the whole system a plug in???
Yeah right! :)

If it's going to be digital, might as well be a plugin, I mean why not? That way it doesn't take up a huge spot on my desk for something that's not used all that frequently.

I understand the desire for something "hands on" with knobs & buttons. But even that is questionable in my mind if it's modeled. An iPad app would get closer to the hands on experience than a plugin. And also without the bulk.

There is blurb however, on the website about "ACB" (Analog Circuit Behavoir) and they're claiming the enormous calculation & power to emulate precisely...

It sounds like they're hinting or claiming early credit for a new generation of modeling that may be slightly ahead of or practical for current typical computing power...maybe, or could be marketing hype. Who knows, until trying...