Pops and clicks on laptop with 802.11 enabled

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
Magnetotron

Pops and clicks on laptop with 802.11 enabled

Post by Magnetotron » Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:31 pm

Hi everyone,

I've been reading through the forums and found a few people who have had to disable their wireless connection while using firewire / usb audio interfaces. I seem to be afflicted with the same problem. There are pops and clicks while the wireless antenna is on. Once I turn it off, it's clean. Has anyone found a solution or understands the problem besides turning wireless off?

I understand this is fairly common and many audio tuning sites tell you to turn it off anyway, however in my quest to perfect my setup I just have to ask.

Thanks

andy_slate

Post by andy_slate » Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:36 pm

hello Magnetotron,

i had the same issues here for a while with win xp pro.
then i installed 2x OS on my laptop ( studio and internet )

the studio setup has EVERYTHING disabled what is not needed for the audio work i.e. lan, wlan, serial ports,...

the internet setup has NO audio progs installed at all. i simply use it for the net, emails, docs, etc...

and i must say this setup made my lappy stable for the last 6 months.

and of course, the studio setup works with no big probs...

just to let u know i use a HP ZV5000 laptop ( amd xp 64, 3.2+, 512mb ram ) with LIVE 4

try this out and hopefully you will get the same results. and you can continue working happily with no audio glitches etc...

give it a try and good luck anyways !!