Return to Preset State?

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
MisterOrange

Return to Preset State?

Post by MisterOrange » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:02 am

I am using a synth plug-in in combination with a Behringer midi controller and am now wondering...
Once I've fiddled with a ton of knobs and have had fun taking my sounds into deep space, is there a quick way to revert back to the synth's original preset state (the settings saved before the knob tweaking.??
Any help would be much appreciated.

Tarekith

Re: Return to Preset State?

Post by Tarekith » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:06 am

Not directly, the Kapture app for iOS or Max4Live will do it though.

MisterOrange

Post by MisterOrange » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:32 am

Hey, thank you for the fast reply! I looked into Kapture, and although it looks pretty awesome, after watching a few videos I was lead in the direction of ClyphX. Not only is it free, but it also prevents me from having to use my phone to morph between snapshots. So again, thank you kindly for pointing me in the right direction. :D

salatspinatra

Post by salatspinatra » Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:48 pm

Before you embark on Clyphx for your solution Just appreciate that it doesn't revert to Preset state, but rather Reset state. That means that if you have a default preset that is different from the factory settings, it will NOT return to it. Think of it this way: reseting the parameters will be the same as selecting them and pressing delete.

cxris

Post by cxris » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:42 pm

Sounds like the Clyphx "Snap Action" is what you want. This will record the current settings of devices on a track into a clip. You can then tweak the knobs of those devices into outer space, but "snap" back to their original state with the trigger of the snap clip. This is different and better than reseting to a "default/reset" state.
Snap Action video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGBQw6tn0Rg