Need Help Recording Audio Offline

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
caseyjames09

Need Help Recording Audio Offline

Post by caseyjames09 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:23 am

I would like to record audio from videos off streamed off the internet. I've bought a headphone splitter and an 1/8" to 1/8" cable. I've plugged the splitter into the headphone jack and used one of the two inputs on the headphone splitter for headphones and the other for the 1/8" cable running into my microphone/line input jack right next the headphone jack on my computer. I've done this before with my powerbook and it worked fine to record audio directly off the internet from videos etc.......Now there is a potential for feedback if you don't watch the volume/input levels close but I am aware of this....I first of all am getting some kind of crazy echoe/delay effect whenever I change the input from mic/input ON and mic/input OFF. I don't understand where its coming from or why i'm getting an echoe when I play back the audio i'm trying to record when I have my track armed with the mic/line input triggred ON. The delay i'm assuming has something to do with latency? Dunno what to do about it there are no Audio effects in the Audio Effects Panel or anything it just echoes and i'm recording just a dry no effects person speaking about something. So 1......crazy delay/echoe? AND 2....I can't get the track EVEN WITH THE UNWANTED ECHOE ON it to play back after I record it in arrangement view. I feel like i'm having such a difficult time learning this program i'm running into these crazy little frustrating problems and I'd appreciate someone that really knows how to work it to help me out until I get it running/learn it how I want and picture it to be.....a smooth, easy, and fun music producing process. So anyways if anyone can help me learn how to rip audio from online video footage onto ableton and into 'clips' you'll be my new friend. Thanks.

longjohns

Re: Need Help Recording Audio Offline

Post by longjohns » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:39 am

i'd ditch the cable thing

on mac isn't there soundflower to cover this type of thing?

on PC, audacity works for me, to record off the windows mixer (e.g. audio coming from web browsers etc)