Tie clips - is it possible

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Jan Holm

Tie clips - is it possible

Post by Jan Holm » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:11 pm

Hi

In logic there is a key command called
"tie objects by position change" What this
does is take the selected clips and move
them together.

Is this possible in Live?

LeifonMars

Re: Tie clips - is it possible

Post by LeifonMars » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:13 am

Well, cut time cuts blank and unwanted stuff and combines clips by selecting the time you wish to remove. But then again, it does it on all of the tracks and wipes off the all the content that is inside the selected area. But I guess this is not what you're looking for.
MBP OSX 10.6.8, Live 8.4, MFII, Evolver, Monomachine, Octatrack, APC40, Launchpad

Jan Holm

Post by Jan Holm » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:14 pm

LeifonMars wrote:Well, cut time cuts blank and unwanted stuff and combines clips by selecting the time you wish to remove. But then again, it does it on all of the tracks and wipes off the all the content that is inside the selected area. But I guess this is not what you're looking for.

Not quite. When I was in logic this feature was really handy for
editing voices overs. Cut out all bad takes, tie together, export,
done.

LeifonMars

Post by LeifonMars » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:22 pm

Jan Holm wrote:
LeifonMars wrote:Well, cut time cuts blank and unwanted stuff and combines clips by selecting the time you wish to remove. But then again, it does it on all of the tracks and wipes off the all the content that is inside the selected area. But I guess this is not what you're looking for.

Not quite. When I was in logic this feature was really handy for
editing voices overs. Cut out all bad takes, tie together, export,
done.
Yeah well, I'm not certain anymore whether I'm adjusting my workflow to Lives shortcomings in a degree, that it's actually starting to hinder the process since I don't notice to miss features from PT or Logic to name a few while I'm editing projects. I track every vocal take on a different track, pick the best ones phrase by phrase and drag them onto a same empty track and mute the rests. Ready to export.
MBP OSX 10.6.8, Live 8.4, MFII, Evolver, Monomachine, Octatrack, APC40, Launchpad