Gah' Tempo

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
remedydub

Gah' Tempo

Post by remedydub » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:36 am

Ok I havent been using Ableton for awhile, and I'm having tempo problems.

1. I made a song I found the default too slow so I changed that value at top left from 120 to 140, and went about my work.
2. Then on Export I discovered my track is pitched up and sounds like about 160 bpm.
3. So thats weird I opened my project again and its back at 120 bpm sounding like it did at 140 last time. Thats also weird
4. So I see a tempo value in the song view where you can use draw mode to change it- I just moved the whole thing to 120- and it sounded right.
5. But now I export it and its pitched DOWN and playing slow.

How can I get Abelton to just export the same way it sounds in the editor? I dont see any advantage to getting unpredictatable results like this.
Thanks.

AaronC

mode:masters

Re: Gah' Tempo

Post by mode:masters » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:54 am

What settings are you using to output your .wav's? - 44.1 kHz or 48kHz (or higher)??

Some media players do not like to play high sample rate files, they play back sounding like they are in slow motion (Windows definitely, not sure about Mac's), this could be the case if you're sure that the project tempo is correct.

Also check all your clips' warp settings, RePitch mode may have the same effect if the original BPM is different to your project tempo.

remedydub

Post by remedydub » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:04 am

Ah that seems to be it, For some reason I was working at 48K and exporting at 44100...What was I thinking? I am rusty as..lol

Cheers! and Thanks!

AaronC

mode:masters

Post by mode:masters » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:35 am

No probs, glad it was an easy one.