Gonjasufi - A Sufi & A Killer

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
skullNbones

Re: Gonjasufi - A Sufi & A Killer

Post by skullNbones » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:32 pm

oh. maybe they should remove the button. album sounds good, tho. too bad there's no download. i like cds, but i'm impatient AND lazy!
MacbookPro 2.33/ Live7/ APC-40/ BCR2000/ padKontrol/ Oxygen61/ Edirol FA-66/ KRK Rokit 5s with sub/ infinite possibility...

beats me

Post by beats me » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:16 pm

macmurphy wrote:Now as far as physical products/downloads are concerned, a lot of people want vinyl and cd copies of the music they pay for. I think the real way forward here is what Bleep are doing with Oversteps by Autechre - buy a cd or vinyl copy and you get a download included in the price.
The physical copy plus instant download is a good idea but there's also a lot of people who aren't interested in getting a hard copy that eventually just ends up contributing to the world's landfills. How about a discount offer for no physical copy? Go green.

I think you're wrong about "a lot of people". You're talking about 0.05% of the population that is either a musician, DJ, sound quality purist, or technologically challenged. Most people just want it straight to their computer instantly and then on to their mp3 player.

All I'm saying is you are ignoring a huge segment of your possible listeners. There's a ton of competition and people are going to go for whatever is the easiest to get a hold of unless completely blown away by something, and that's rare.

macmurphy

Post by macmurphy » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:12 pm

That's a good idea about a discount for a download version.
skullNbones wrote:oh. maybe they should remove the button. album sounds good, tho. too bad there's no download. i like cds, but i'm impatient AND lazy!
Hey, i'm as impatient and lazy as the next guy but i'll always go for cd over a download. And yes the button should be removed..i'll change my link too..
beats me wrote:Most people just want it straight to their computer instantly and then on to their mp3 player.
Yes. Very sad but true. People want everything NOW these days and seem to get stressed if they can't get it immediately.
Personally i like going to a shop and buying a cd or ordering it online and waiting for the post.. it just seems a little more special, to me at least.

skullNbones

Post by skullNbones » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:49 pm

me too, really. vinyl is even more fun. fact is i'm pretty broke this week and free seemed affordable :wink: thanks for the link anyways!
MacbookPro 2.33/ Live7/ APC-40/ BCR2000/ padKontrol/ Oxygen61/ Edirol FA-66/ KRK Rokit 5s with sub/ infinite possibility...

beats me

Post by beats me » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:52 pm

macmurphy wrote:
beats me wrote:Most people just want it straight to their computer instantly and then on to their mp3 player.
Yes. Very sad but true. People want everything NOW these days and seem to get stressed if they can't get it immediately.
Personally i like going to a shop and buying a cd or ordering it online and waiting for the post.. it just seems a little more special, to me at least.
I have my own idiosyncrasies with the new world order.

I have netflix and they are moving a lot of their movies to their stream instantly format, but if I have an option between the 2 I'll have the movie mailed to me. And I can watch the movies on my TV, so it's not a matter of having to watch it on my computer monitor. :)

Also there's a Guitar Center within walking distance of my apartment but I always buy my music stuff online. It's not because of the ignorance of their staff, but because I don't want to pay tax and I'd rather have it delivered to my door days later then go to the store. :)

noisetonepause

Post by noisetonepause » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:57 am

So anyway, the album... I really think he should've cut it down to 12 tracks or so. I got bored by the end on my first listen. It might grow on me though. Generally I quite like the production though. Reminds me a lot of a lot of what's on the Anticon label. edit -- I see he's from San Francisco. Wonder why he /isn't/ on Anticon then...

Also, I can't make out what the fuck he's saying most of the time. Cool voice, but isn't being a vocalist also about words (sometimes)?
Suit #1: I mean, have you got any insight as to why a bright boy like this would jeopardize the lives of millions?
Suit #2: No, sir, he says he does this sort of thing for fun.

macmurphy

Post by macmurphy » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:45 am

Well, i certainly didn't find it got boring..i never knew what was coming next. I think the production is great - it sounds really...dusty..

I generally don't have an issue with singers who i can't understand, as long as there's emotion in what they are singing and there's emotion here in spades.
Although a lyric book would have been nice!

Silence

Post by Silence » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:43 am

MBP - Ultralite MK3 - Genelec 8020 & 8030 - BCR2000 - padKONTROL - NordRack 2

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:09 pm

Silence wrote:http://itunes.apple.com/se/album/a-sufi ... d356509084

iTunes seems to have it now
8O

All that debating back and forth for nothing? :x

noisetonepause

Post by noisetonepause » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:02 pm

I liked it a lot more listening to it again, I must say.
Suit #1: I mean, have you got any insight as to why a bright boy like this would jeopardize the lives of millions?
Suit #2: No, sir, he says he does this sort of thing for fun.

john gordon

Post by john gordon » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:05 pm

macmurphy wrote:That's a good idea about a discount for a download version.
skullNbones wrote:oh. maybe they should remove the button. album sounds good, tho. too bad there's no download. i like cds, but i'm impatient AND lazy!
Hey, i'm as impatient and lazy as the next guy but i'll always go for cd over a download. And yes the button should be removed..i'll change my link too..
just shut up and listen to the music ya whiny twat.

macmurphy

Post by macmurphy » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:21 pm

john gordon wrote:
macmurphy wrote:That's a good idea about a discount for a download version.
just shut up and listen to the music ya whiny twat.
I wasn't the one complaining about the lack of downloads :roll:
beats me wrote:
Silence wrote:http://itunes.apple.com/se/album/a-sufi ... d356509084

iTunes seems to have it now
8O

All that debating back and forth for nothing? :x
I know... how fucking dare they.. :evil:

john gordon

Post by john gordon » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:58 am

love it though.going over to itunes right now bitches!!!!

ThrowAway

Post by ThrowAway » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:17 am

beats me wrote:
I have my own idiosyncrasies with the new world order.

I have netflix and they are moving a lot of their movies to their stream instantly format, but if I have an option between the 2 I'll have the movie mailed to me. And I can watch the movies on my TV, so it's not a matter of having to watch it on my computer monitor. :)

Also there's a Guitar Center within walking distance of my apartment but I always buy my music stuff online. It's not because of the ignorance of their staff, but because I don't want to pay tax and I'd rather have it delivered to my door days later then go to the store. :)
You do know that you can buy the video out to rca adapter for 20 bucks at your local apple store right? Ive watched a couple movies at a friends house and the quality was very good.

john doe by choice

Post by john doe by choice » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:51 pm

noisetonepause wrote:edit -- I see he's from San Francisco. Wonder why he /isn't/ on Anticon then
From Bleep: "Featuring production from the heart of the Brainfeeder, Gaslamp Killer and Flying Lotus." That's pretty much why he isn't on Anticon. That, and he'd have to be stupid to pick release on Anticon over a release on the Warp label - getting FlyLo to pull strings to get him released on Warp gets him pretty much instant international status. Not to say that Anticon isn't the shit, 'cause it is, but they just don't have clout like Warp, even in America. Of course, Anticon has a different business model, which works for them just fine, it seems.