Gonjasufi - A Sufi & A Killer

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
macmurphy

Gonjasufi - A Sufi & A Killer

Post by macmurphy » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:55 pm

An astonishingly good album. You need it.

http://bleep.com/index.php?page=release ... seid=23227
Last edited by macmurphy on Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

aisling

Re: Gonjasufi - A Sufi & A Killer

Post by aisling » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:56 pm

"sufi", definitely perked my curiosity. I am off to work this morning, but will check this out asap.
http://soundcloud.com/aislingbeing

Live, Reason, Moog sub phatty, Moog sub 37, Ozone 6, guitars, Pedals, proper ergonomic sitting posture, french pressed coffee with a pinch of cardamon.

Silence

Post by Silence » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:08 pm

sounds hella cool...

but i cant seem to find the mp3 version of the album to buy
MBP - Ultralite MK3 - Genelec 8020 & 8030 - BCR2000 - padKONTROL - NordRack 2

macmurphy

Post by macmurphy » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:19 pm

Vinyl or CD only.

At the moment at least..

noisetonepause

Post by noisetonepause » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:39 pm

Funny, I had this in my hand just yesterday. Probably going to go buy it tomorrow.
Suit #1: I mean, have you got any insight as to why a bright boy like this would jeopardize the lives of millions?
Suit #2: No, sir, he says he does this sort of thing for fun.

beats me

Post by beats me » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:16 pm

I'm too old and lazy. Too much info required to get free samples of an album I can't even buy in a format I want. Don't know what playbook they took this logic from but it wasn't written anytime in the last 5 years.

macmurphy

Post by macmurphy » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:15 am

beats me wrote:I'm too old and lazy. Too much info required to get free samples of an album I can't even buy in a format I want. Don't know what playbook they took this logic from but it wasn't written anytime in the last 5 years.
If you are too lazy to buy a cd and convert it to mp3 then there's really no hope for you old chum :wink:

noisetonepause

Post by noisetonepause » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:48 pm

I'm ripping my CD copy as we speak. I expect I'll never touch the disc again once I rmeove it from my drive..
Suit #1: I mean, have you got any insight as to why a bright boy like this would jeopardize the lives of millions?
Suit #2: No, sir, he says he does this sort of thing for fun.

beats me

Post by beats me » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:01 pm

I'll just wait for the torrent in the next couple days.

Too bad they haven't invented a place on the internet where people could pay for downloads. People would probably use it. Maybe not. Someday.

macmurphy

Post by macmurphy » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:50 pm

beats me wrote:I'll just wait for the torrent in the next couple days.

Too bad they haven't invented a place on the internet where people could pay for downloads. People would probably use it. Maybe not. Someday.
I don'y know if you are mucking around or being a twat. Either way...
:roll:
Last edited by macmurphy on Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

macmurphy

Post by macmurphy » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:54 pm

noisetonepause wrote:I'm ripping my CD copy as we speak. I expect I'll never touch the disc again once I rmeove it from my drive..
Precisely what i did. Didn't take any effort. Also if i ever find myself without a computer or an mp3 player i can use the cd in one of those old fashioned cd player things :wink:

beats me

Post by beats me » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:05 pm

macmurphy wrote:
beats me wrote:I'll just wait for the torrent in the next couple days.

I don'y know if you are mucking around or being a twat. Either way...
:roll:
Why the :roll: ? The standard is becoming give away your music for free and with that exposure make your money from touring or paid production that leads to. Short of that sell your music on one of the many already existing sites that offer that service, and maybe offer physical media as an option.

Any artist not doing either of those deserves the :roll:

skullNbones

Post by skullNbones » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:24 pm

did anyone manage to get the 2 song sampler? i clicked on it, it said it was put in my cart successfully, but the cart stayed empty. free stuff is cool, free stuff that i spend 15 minutes fucking around with and still don't get is less cool....
MacbookPro 2.33/ Live7/ APC-40/ BCR2000/ padKontrol/ Oxygen61/ Edirol FA-66/ KRK Rokit 5s with sub/ infinite possibility...

macmurphy

Post by macmurphy » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:25 pm

I should have been more clear. You got the :roll: for the comment about the torrent. It was this that led to me asking myself if you are a joker or a twat (i.e. serious about using a torrent).

As far as your other point, well i don't think giving away music for free is becoming the standard. Sure it's next to impossible to make a living from selling music alone, so playing live and/or extra production work are important aspects to consider if you want to make a living.

Now as far as physical products/downloads are concerned, a lot of people want vinyl and cd copies of the music they pay for. I think the real way forward here is what Bleep are doing with Oversteps by Autechre - buy a cd or vinyl copy and you get a download included in the price.

macmurphy

Post by macmurphy » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:28 pm

skullNbones wrote:did anyone manage to get the 2 song sampler? i clicked on it, it said it was put in my cart successfully, but the cart stayed empty. free stuff is cool, free stuff that i spend 15 minutes fucking around with and still don't get is less cool....
It ended today i believe.