Ableton not receiving input from Osculator or MIDI over IP?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Yamaz

Ableton not receiving input from Osculator or MIDI over IP?

Post by Yamaz » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:59 am

I hope this is the right place for this, if not please move it.

Anyway I'm having problems with ableton receiving midi or osc input from my android phone using a program called fingerplay. I have gotten it to work before on a PC. Anyway the real issue here seems to be Ableton and either of the two programs I'm using, Osculator or MIDI over IP through a program called ipMIDI. Both programs show that its receiving input from the phone, and ableton sees either as input/output options in preferences, however no data gets to ableton(Light in corner doesn't blink on and remote mapping doesnt work.)

In my Preferences > Input is set to one of the two programs, and then below that for midi ports I have input track and remote enabled, and not sync. Nothing selected for any of the outputs, as the program doesnt receive data.

I'm forced to think the problem lies in either ableton, this mac os x, or user error. Any help would be greately appreciated!!

Ableton Live 8.1.1
OS X 10.6.2

taximouse

Re: Ableton not receiving input from Osculator or MIDI over IP?

Post by taximouse » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:29 am

Do you have MidiMonitor? Its really useful for spying on MIDI going to and fro. It might help you sort out where the problem is.
MacBook Pro 2.93 Ghz, early 2009, 4GB RAM
OS 10.5.8
Live 8.1.4
Motu Ultralite + FCB1010 + SooperLooper + cello

twitter: zoecello
http://www.zoekeating.com

Eraldo Bernocchi

Post by Eraldo Bernocchi » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:39 am

check carefully if you have Firewall enabled. to me this works. when i have firewall enabled osculator is not receiving anything.

Yamaz

Post by Yamaz » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:51 pm

Firewall was turned off :-/