Moving complex arrangement to session~ best ways?

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
ton

Re:

Post by ton » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:28 pm

COSM wrote:I use it to translate midi messages into keystrokes, so that autohotkeys can recognise them.
You can do this also without Bomes Midi Translator, instead using only AutoHotkey with its midi input library.

COSM, did you share your
This is where the autohotkey script comes in handy.. I push #1 (windows key + 1) and it will cut a loop of 1 bar from my cursor, loop it, and set a follow action to 1 bar. #1-9 do the same for 1 bar, 2 bars, 4 bars, 8 bars, 16 bars, 32 bars etc....
.ahk code anywhere? I would like to test it.

COSM

Re: Moving complex arrangement to session~ best ways?

Post by COSM » Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:10 am

Aaaaah bro that was ages ago! I've moved to mac and long killed that method.

To be honest, I found it a little too stressful in a serious live situation as I was using precise screen areas to do clicks... so one false move and my computer starts doing lots of random stuff. It was fun for experimental jams but not too practical.

I'm sure with M4L there are many more better ways to achieve this, something I am looking forward to getting my hands dirty with.

ton

Re: Moving complex arrangement to session~ best ways?

Post by ton » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:08 am

COSM wrote:To be honest, I found it a little too stressful in a serious live situation as I was using precise screen areas to do clicks.
I see, but then just use it only in a non-live situation. Maybe we can try to do those changes without "unreliable" mouse clicks?

I know M4L can also save the world. :)