Disable APC Mini permanently as control surface

Discuss Live-ready controllers other than Push.
spinlud

Disable APC Mini permanently as control surface

Post by spinlud » Tue May 14, 2024 6:54 am

Hi guys, I have an APC40 and APC Mini controllers, both are recognized by Ableton as remote control surface. I would like to keep only the APC40 as control surface and use the APC Mini as normal midi controller, so I have deactivated the APC Mini in the control surface section of Settings/Midi. This works, but the problem is that the next time I open Ableton and connect the APC Mini, it is again detected and as control surface, basically forgetting that I have disabled it.
Is there a way to disable a control surface permanently (so it stays disabled the next time I open Ableton)?

S4racen

Re: Disable APC Mini permanently as control surface

Post by S4racen » Tue May 14, 2024 8:30 am

Could you go into the MIDI Remote Scripts folder and remove the files pertaining to the MINI?

Cheers
D

chapelier fou

Post by chapelier fou » Tue May 14, 2024 8:06 pm

As far as I remember there is a simple but tricky way to do it. Let me check tomorrow and get back to you.
MacBook Pro 13" Retina i7 2.8 GHz OS 10.13, L10.0.1, M4L.
MacStudio M1Max 32Go OS 12.3.1

Pitch Black

Post by Pitch Black » Wed May 15, 2024 4:33 am

Try this, in Control Surfaces preferences, set the first two fields to None, and leave the last field set to APC Mini.

In other words...

Control Surface = None
Input = None
Output = APC Mini

This stops unwanted re-enabling of Control Surfaces here on my mac when I start Live.

HTH
MBP M1Max | Sonoma 14.5 | Live 12.0.1 | Babyface Pro FS | Push 3T | A clump of controllers
Soundcloud
Ableton Certified Trainer