drum controler in arrange windo

Discuss Live-ready controllers other than Push.
TonyReed

drum controler in arrange windo

Post by TonyReed » Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:53 am

Any advice on a drum controler that works in the arrange window? I have Push 2 but its limited to session view. Its as a recording/composing tool that i use it for - not live performance. Session view has limited editing capabilities. so i need to transfer my music to arrange view after which push becomes a hinderance. Its mostly drums that I need it for as the rest of my stuff is generally recorded audio.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks

TimChandler

Re: drum controler in arrange windo

Post by TimChandler » Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:10 am

Nektar Aruba is a composition tool, controlling the drum rack, or any other drum plugin you are working with. The video below shows the Live integration and Drum Rack navigation specifically. As Session view is most common, the focus in the video is on session view.

However, to work in Arranger view exclusively:

1. Don't enable 'Clip Record Mode' option on the M4L plugin (see 0:41 in the video). This means the transport controls focus on Live's main transport and record targets the arranger.
2. Press the 'Arranger' button on the DAW home page (see 1:37 in the video).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBD9wb644a8

Valiumdupeuple

Re: drum controler in arrange windo

Post by Valiumdupeuple » Fri Apr 21, 2023 3:31 pm

What's the problem with Drum (racks) and Push2 in Arrangement view? I think I've already read this in the past, but I never had any issue.
I'm using my Push-ArrangeMode M4L device since "forever" (I made it back to Push1 days).
It's made to control Arrangement from Push... is it possible that this works around any problem with Drum Racks in Arrangement? I can't tell, the device has been part of my template set for probably around 10 years.