ReCycle format in next version ?

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
dj terrorist

ReCycle format in next version ?

Post by dj terrorist » Wed Dec 19, 2001 8:19 am

This is my request #1. With Reason I converted all my wav loops to ReCycle format for better use in Dr Rex.
I mean more than 2000 files are now converted to ReCycle.
I dont want to convert them back to WAV, is there any hope for ReCycle file support in a future version ???

I think ReCycle files should be even more easy to handle than WAVEs as far as they already have all timing info in them ... ???

I would not buy Live until this feature ...
;)

Ataru_Moroboshi

Post by Ataru_Moroboshi » Wed Dec 19, 2001 4:43 pm

I've already bought Live, but as a Reason owner, I use a lot of .rex's and Rex support would be awesome.

A random step shifter would be nice too, stepping between the pieces of the rexes...

Wanted Guest

REX2

Post by Wanted Guest » Wed Dec 19, 2001 7:54 pm

I own Reason and use the REX2 format alot (stereo REX/RCY format) Propellerheads have not released the format of this type of file and consequently they can control who uses it. Cubase is the only other program that uses REX2, as far as I know.

Live will never use REX2 format unless Propheads release the format details or Ableton can 'crack' it

Cheers

kid 0815

does it make sense

Post by kid 0815 » Thu Dec 20, 2001 11:16 am

does it really make sense to import rex2 format files in Live? the only thing live could use, is the general tempo. Live has to analyse the files itself to setu up the warp marker. as far as i know the rex file would be handeled like normal wav files.
it you want to convert your rex files to "classical" ;) wav files, why don't you use a sample converter programm that can change the format of lots of files in some minutes?
Bujaka!

Buzzfunk@home

Post by Buzzfunk@home » Thu Dec 20, 2001 8:03 pm

Why in gods name would you delete all your .wav files after you converted them to the REX2 format?? I have all my loops stored as .wav and rex files. Since live is doing the same thing the rex player in Reason is doing (well basically), rex2 support wwouldnt make any sense.

Most sample cds come with .wav and .rex files so...