Monome Emulator for APC40- BIG UPDATE! - More Fun!

Discuss Live-ready controllers other than Push.
kotzer

Re: Monome Emulator for APC40- BIG UPDATE! - More Fun!

Post by kotzer » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:14 pm

thanks for your answer. (i will be patient. my firewall also gave me a trojan report)

kotzer

Post by kotzer » Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:50 pm

...any change for a copy of monomulator for apc? 8)

kotzer

Post by kotzer » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:22 am

thanks.

(no i did not get it)

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:26 am

You're probably not helping now man....

Cheers
D

kotzer

Post by kotzer » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:10 am

neither are yuo MAN

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:55 pm

No, i've spoken to mike on your behalf at your first post and asked you to be patient as he's snowed under with his day job!
i wish i hadn't bothered but happy new year anyway, welcome to the forum!

Cheers
D

kotzer

Post by kotzer » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:01 pm

@s4racen: thanks for that but you should not have; all i asked for was a (link to a ) mirror download...
thru another source i luckily found:

http://www.warperparty.com/datter/Monomulator.zip

so here it is for other searchers

thanks for the warm welcome too, I am here since version 1

and offcourse a big THANK You to the writer of the patch and the helpful tutorials

kind regards

Hermanus

Post by Hermanus » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:13 am

I'm running 4 instances of molar thanks to this monomulator and the apc40.

I turned out this way because I was bored of tiny audio glitches when loading fxp files.

Off course saving your stuff via .fxp is a must have.

If you wanna re-use something or simply bring your lovely molar set into a new ableton live project, then simply load the fxp and [as long as the folders with your samples are still at the same place] everything is loaded, from patterns through metarecord loops and well everything :P

Then I wondered how could I run 4 instances of molar with my 7tracks.

I simply made 4 midi tracks and their own 7audio tracks, re-routing the 3X7 audio tracks to the first row of 7.
I even let every instance of molar with audio.
Lastly I mapped the 4 bank select buttons on the apc40 to switch on-off the 4 molar's
I tried with the fantastic 4 turned on at the same time, no worry witH CPU METER

monomulator just kills :mrgreen:

hat off again

dreamwalker

Post by dreamwalker » Mon May 02, 2011 8:41 am

This is awesome and I very much want to experience this working on my APC40. I am a pretty tech savvy guy, but I am having a very hard time getting this to work. I have done a lot of google and youtube searching and there is not very much of step-by-step documentation on how to use this stuff. (Yes I read the read-me and watched the recommended videos)

I am using mac Snow Leopard / Live 8.2.2 / Monomulator 1.01 and hopefully MLR 2.27

Though the video assumes you know how to properly setup IAC midi ports, I think I figured it out on my own. In Mac's MIDI/AUDIO utility I was allowed to create 2 new ports under the default "Bus 1" that was already there. It did not let me change connector numbers though. The only option was "1" on all ports. Is this right?

In Ableton, I managed to get the Shift send C to act as a midi keyboard and I see shift send B turning the buttons into sliders. So it seems like I am close to getting it to work.

Strangely, when I load an operator on a midi channel, arm the track the "keyboard mode" works, but all the buttons on the APC40 seem to be transmitting midi notes to the operator. If I switch back to Shift Pan, the default grid comes back, but the entire APC40 still acts as a midi keyboard.

I am interested in running MLR but when I downloaded it there were 20 items in the folder and no instructions. How does one implement the Monome program? I am pretty nerdy, but I am struggling with all this so far. Can anyone offer advice or point me to other documentation besides the monomulator readme and 2 recommended videos?

Please & Thank You.

Hermanus

Post by Hermanus » Tue May 03, 2011 6:16 pm

You could give a go with molar.
It's a vst instrument, so once monomulator is well configured, you're good to go.

One thing I do EVERYTIME I open the monomulator, once I'm sure every midi ports are well done, I click on the colors to change from green through amber to red.
If the apc40 lit up and change colors, settings are ok.

Then you'll have to check in ableton.

Here's my latest one, completely done live with the apc40 + monomulator + molar vst
http://soundcloud.com/gaelc/gaelc-nlevent-live

not a perfect track but really fun to work with. To give you an idea :wink:

best

PS: post #808 :mrgreen:

maowao

Post by maowao » Tue May 31, 2011 2:33 am

Can you use other MIDI devices or does it have to be an APC40?
mao wao

Hermanus

Post by Hermanus » Tue May 31, 2011 10:16 am

There's a korg padkontrol version available

best

shauns303

Post by shauns303 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:12 am

Hermanus wrote:You could give a go with molar.
It's a vst instrument, so once monomulator is well configured, you're good to go.

One thing I do EVERYTIME I open the monomulator, once I'm sure every midi ports are well done, I click on the colors to change from green through amber to red.
If the apc40 lit up and change colors, settings are ok.

Then you'll have to check in ableton.

PS: post #808 :mrgreen:

Ok so.... I'm hearing allot of folks say they finally got it to work with Molar/Monomulator/APC40. But none of these people have offered any sort of explanation of how. I'm sorry but it is getting quite frustrating googling for 2 weeks and chasing the same old threads and limited vids, but there always seems to be someone saying they get it to work but never share the magic. Like the previous poster saying he is quite the tech man as am I but this is just not an easy task.

Please someone help the community out. I am running Macbook Pro, 10.6, Ableton Live 8, Monomulator APC40 1. And Molar as a VST. Are all these legit up to date programs or do I need others. I have set my virtual midi ports. Set up monomulator. Although it never saves the f**king settings, unlike the tutorial says it would. But I cant seem to go much further than this.

Anyone that has gone through the frustration that I and many others are going through right now. Could you please shed some light on the matter? Please.... Much thanks

Hermanus

Post by Hermanus » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:30 pm

Hey shaun don't worry man, I'm working on it.
I Just take a lil more time, for making it well explained for everybody.
Sorry for the delay.

But seriously, if you're so hurry to try monome apps, go for polygomé, boiingg, or mlr.

They are better to try monomulator at first steps.
Just see if it's well communicating with monome app.

Molar only run if you click PLAY in ableton live :P

http://post.monome.org/comments.php?DiscussionID=1238

with this topic you have everything needed to understand molar, a lot reading.

best

shauns303

Post by shauns303 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:42 am

Yeah I'v playing around with mlrv2. It's good but I still want to play with Molar for a bit. Compare them and them focus on one. Because I really like working in Abletons environment. If they all remain confusing and limited them I will probably just start to set up my Ableton senses to trigger like a monome grid so I can continue using all of Abletons features and not have to use plug ins or route channels etc.

But yes... I'm looking forward to your tutorial.

Thanks