Push 3: Can't change headphone volume

Discuss Push with other users.
analog_rome

Re: Push 3: Can't change headphone volume

Post by analog_rome » Wed Jul 19, 2023 2:45 pm

Edited... Using it today in a different location, the volume knob switch is mostly fine, occasionally ignores clicks for a few seconds.

Also there are occasional times when the jog wheel push-right doesn't respond, when deleting/renaming.

The main difference I think is my studio today is around 70°f, and where I was yesterday was probably 10° warmer.

So, maybe temperature related. And maybe a caution for performing with the P3S in a sweaty club, at a hot outdoor gig, etc...

dcjams

Post by dcjams » Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:32 am

Adding to this thread to confirm a feared failed volume pot was in fact a plastic cap out of tolerance. Removing the cap, the pot's switch action works flawlessly. I had 0 fails from 250 presses. Putting the tempo cap on the pot instead of the volume pot also works flawlessly.

The issue is the plastic cap, not the mechanical action of the pot or its position relative to the front panel.

rudkeek

Post by rudkeek » Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:16 pm

Hi,
I was jamming on my push 3 today and same as many of you, i have an issue with this knob
The click is not as smooth as the two others and dont click when i press at the bottom of the plastic cap.
I removed the plastic cap to make sure it was not the encoder.
For myself the encoder is not the problem, without the plastic cap it works perfectly.
I send a report to ableton and tell them to send me a new plastic cap.. Hope the new one gonna work fine..

Yours_Lovinghouse

Post by Yours_Lovinghouse » Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:03 am

Put your finger on the Volume knob, then press it for switching between Main Output, Master Volume, Cue Volume and Headphone Volume.

danieljodeci

Post by danieljodeci » Sun May 12, 2024 6:36 pm

Any updates on how Ableton support responded to these concerns with the tolerance issue with the volume pot?

Fin Lux

Post by Fin Lux » Tue May 14, 2024 11:28 am

I‘ve found a solution that works for me:

When I set the volume in standalone mode, it doesn’t change in the controller version. So i have to „reset“ the volume in sa mode and then can come back to the push controlled version.

In other words: The sa volume is the max volume of push controlled.

I know this is al little bit different to the previous problems, but maybe it helps :roll: