[dwi] console errors in Live 7 after testing Live 8

taximouse

[dwi] console errors in Live 7 after testing Live 8

Post by taximouse » Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:36 am

This seems Live 8 related, so I'm posting it here.

I'm a daily user of Live 7.
I downloaded Live 8 beta to test. Tested it last week. Test period is over, so I deleted that version of Live 8.

Back to working in Live 7.

Now, whenever I open a set, even a blank one, its takes forever. If you're sitting onstage, an uncomfortable amount of time in between songs.

In the console, everytime I open a Live set I see this message:

[0x0-0x2c02c].com.ableton.live[220] : No custom exception handler installed.

Again, this is only happening AFTER I did the Live 8 beta test.

Any suggestions how to get back to normal in Live 7 in order to ...gulp...go on tour (I know, I shouldn't have beta tested on my performing machine...)

Thanks!
MacBook Pro 2.93 Ghz, early 2009, 4GB RAM
OS 10.5.8
Live 8.1.4
Motu Ultralite + FCB1010 + SooperLooper + cello

twitter: zoecello
http://www.zoekeating.com

otnooishphoo

Re: console errors in Live 7 after testing Live 8

Post by otnooishphoo » Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:49 am

delete the preference files?

/Users/you/Library/Preferences/com.ableton.live.plist

thats just my gut reaction.

taximouse wrote:This seems Live 8 related, so I'm posting it here.

I'm a daily user of Live 7.
I downloaded Live 8 beta to test. Tested it last week. Test period is over, so I deleted that version of Live 8.

Back to working in Live 7.

Now, whenever I open a set, even a blank one, its takes forever. If you're sitting onstage, an uncomfortable amount of time in between songs.

In the console, everytime I open a Live set I see this message:

[0x0-0x2c02c].com.ableton.live[220] : No custom exception handler installed.

Again, this is only happening AFTER I did the Live 8 beta test.

Any suggestions how to get back to normal in Live 7 in order to ...gulp...go on tour (I know, I shouldn't have beta tested on my performing machine...)

Thanks!

taximouse

Post by taximouse » Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:23 am

i see this in the log file also, whenever i open a file:

32091 ms. Exception: An error occurred while reading “/Applications/Live 7.0.10 OS X/Live.app/Contents/App-Resources/GUI.alp.” Apparently, the document was created by a more recent, and incompatible, version of Live than this. [Wrong class found. Expected a "PackageSoftwareVersionRequirementInfo" or subclass, found a "PackageContentInfo"]

maybe its because i opened these files into Live 8? i didn't save them however, and closed them immediately.

i'll try deleting prefs
OS 10.5.8
Live 8.1.4

taximouse

Post by taximouse » Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:31 am

hm. still doing it after trashing prefs.
each set takes one million years to open.

this in the console:
2/20/09 7:28:11 PM [0x0-0xf30f3].com.ableton.live[509] : No custom exception handler installed.

these in the log.tx:

32091 ms. Exception: An error occurred while reading “/Applications/Live 7.0.10 OS X/Live.app/Contents/App-Resources/GUI.alp.” Apparently, the document was created by a more recent, and incompatible, version of Live than this. [Wrong class found. Expected a "PackageSoftwareVersionRequirementInfo" or subclass, found a "PackageContentInfo"]

and this one:
32338 ms. Exception: The folder “/Users/cellogirl/Desktop/ZOE STAGE/SooperSet/7_tetrishead_SL Lessons” was not found
OS 10.5.8
Live 8.1.4

beubbo

Post by beubbo » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:09 pm

Hi,

What are exactly the news ? Is there anybody else experiencing something similar on a MacIntel running Leopard ?

I'm a little bit worried to install Live8.b12 if it could screw my copy of Live7...

Thanks for any infos.

B.

system : MacPro quad 2x2.8 GHz, 10 Gb ram, mac osx 10.5.2

Matakao

Post by Matakao » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:20 pm

Hi, i've a lot of bugs in Live 7 since i've installed the last live 8 beta,
so, yesterday i've re-installed Live 7.0.14, 'cause many crashs.
After installation an delete prefs files, certains vst-i of native instruments are impossible to read by Live 7. the unique solution was to drag outside the vst folder, and re-put inside after the first launch of live.
I'v never seen before with Live 7.
So I recommend to be careful before to install Live 8 Beta, and hope to the definitive v.1 of Live will be out of Bugs.

best Regards.

G5 2,2 Ghz, 4,5 ram, Macos X 4.11, Komplete 5, and others...

beubbo

Post by beubbo » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:13 am

Matakao wrote:Hi, i've a lot of bugs in Live 7 since i've installed the last live 8 beta,
so, yesterday i've re-installed Live 7.0.14, 'cause many crashs.
After installation an delete prefs files, certains vst-i of native instruments are impossible to read by Live 7. the unique solution was to drag outside the vst folder, and re-put inside after the first launch of live.
I'v never seen before with Live 7.
So I recommend to be careful before to install Live 8 Beta, and hope to the definitive v.1 of Live will be out of Bugs.

best Regards.

G5 2,2 Ghz, 4,5 ram, Macos X 4.11, Komplete 5, and others...
Thanks.

Sorry to hear about your issues... :(

Does someone @ Ableton could chime in a little to report what gives, so we could "safely" try future beta versions.

By safely I mean, setting Live8 to point actually to a copy of Live's Library so we *only* have to deal with Live8 bugs with or without using 3rd party V.I & effect plug-ins AND being able to work again in Live7 without any issue that wasn't occuring in the first place ?

Thanks very much in advance.

B.

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:13 pm

taximouse wrote:hm. still doing it after trashing prefs.
each set takes one million years to open.

this in the console:
2/20/09 7:28:11 PM [0x0-0xf30f3].com.ableton.live[509] : No custom exception handler installed.

these in the log.tx:

and this one:
32338 ms. Exception: The folder “/Users/cellogirl/Desktop/ZOE STAGE/SooperSet/7_tetrishead_SL Lessons” was not found
hmm, pretty odd - did you really try to open the GUI.alp of Live 7 in Live 8 ?
That file is just a compressed graphics package for the GUI elements, there's not really much point in trying to open it in Live you know!

Anyway - I would really just go for a re-install of L7.10 , it's going to be the quickest way to reset the packages. Hopefully you used a copy of your L7 library when you tested the L8 beta, because L8 will have updated any library components that a user points it at (presets and such). So that can cause some serious trouble as they aren't all backwards compatible.

But I would simply go for a re-install of 7.10, or even go for 7.14 so you have a whole new install folder to work with.

dom

Post by dom » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:15 pm

Live 8 and Live 7 don't share any files and as long as you point it to a new library directory or a backup of your old one both programs are not related to each other at all.

dom
ableton support team
support@ableton.com

dom

Post by dom » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:17 pm

taximouse: send us a normal support request to support@ableton.com if you still run into errors after installing a fresh 7.0.14 instead of the old 7.0.10.

dom
ableton support team
support@ableton.com