Some techno

Share your tracks with other users.
lesterdiamond

Some techno

Post by lesterdiamond » Mon May 18, 2020 2:18 am

Comments or feedback welcome. I’m not exactly happy with the kick and bass but I’ll start a new track before I redo them. I’m thinking of adding another vocal sample and calling it done.

https://soundcloud.com/user-947729204/s ... our-mind-2

mrblackbat

Re: Some techno

Post by mrblackbat » Sun May 31, 2020 3:07 pm

Not my style of music really, and not listening over the best equipment but two thoughts:

It's a bit noisy at the start, definitely a fair whack of hiss; intentional? If not worth having a look to resolve.

Second, the "interest" changes are all very formulaic, eight bars, then a new instrument added for another eight bars, maybe one taken away for the next eight bars etc. Perhaps have a look at staggering some changes, or tweaking the effects/envelopes mid loop to add some surprise, or some single events at more unusual times. I felt myself knowing exactly when a new piece of interest was going to land. If that's the intention, absolutely cool!

MonoTeksist

Re: Some techno

Post by MonoTeksist » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:50 pm

Hey my .02 here. It's certainly not worse than some (uhm ... quite a lot of ...) stuff that's out on BeatPort, and I mean even tracks in the charts. It seems I'm starting to get a bit "done" with pure techno since most people don't even bother programming their beats but yours is pretty good overall. Sometimes dropping a note here and there on a bass line can do wonders on a track though, maybe something you could try towards the end? Or just shifting your notes backwards/forwards a bit for a couple of bars could also help keeping it fresh.
Deapmash makes excellent use of reverb, delay and filters in his tracks, another thing to try and experiment with.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hXB6ymOn-Q
I could learn from him too lol.

In the end, a good effort. :wink: