MAJOR sync issues with plug-ins in Live 8!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
theextravaganttraveller

Re: MAJOR sync issues with plug-ins in Live 8!

Post by theextravaganttraveller » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:00 am

Hi H20,

I've bypassed my external IO and running Built-in Audio. Sync issue still present. Perhaps I'll do a screencap vid to show what's going on. It's probably hard to believe but this isn't "user-error". I troubleshoot this system more than I actually write music these days, so I'm pretty confident I've eliminated all obvious variables. :wink:

I'll have a look at the Funken link too, thanks!

theextravaganttraveller

Post by theextravaganttraveller » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:11 am

Here's a video of what's happening:

http://youtu.be/1ZmIYrGnz6A?hd=1

- Built-in audio, 2048 buffer
- Channel 1 printed onto 2 as audio for sync comparison
- Notice sync issue when changing plugin buffer size

fishmonkey

Post by fishmonkey » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:43 am

theextravaganttraveller wrote: I'm unaware of a "latency compensation" checkbox in Live's preferences. Are you referring to the Driver Error Compensation slider in Preferences / Audio? My understanding of this setting is that it is intended for compensating latency when tracking, such that recorded tracks are automatically shifted over on the timeline by the driver latency amount. Am i missing something?
i think Palmer is referring to the "Delay Compensation" setting, which is in the Options menu. make sure that is selected (has a tick next to it)...

theextravaganttraveller

Post by theextravaganttraveller » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:37 am

Hah! What do you know... I see that option now. I tend to access all the functions in that menu via key shortcuts, I never really bothered to click there! Must be a Live 8 feature that wasn't there in 7?

Couple of things come to mind:

1) That setting really ought to be accessible in the Preferences menus, otherwise other doofuses (doofi?) like me will easily overlook it
2) More generally, why would any user want to work with that setting off anyway? :?

In any case, I take back my "this isn't user error" comment and case closed!

Thank you H20, Palmer, Tone Deft and fishmonkey!

Palmer Eldritch

Post by Palmer Eldritch » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:32 am

fishmonkey wrote: i think Palmer is referring to the "Delay Compensation" setting, which is in the Options menu. make sure that is selected (has a tick next to it)...
Hi fishmonkey,

was to lazy to switch Live to the english language :wink:

"Latency compensation" is the word to word translation from the the german language.

Good to hear that now theextravaganttravellers issue is solved :D

Cheers, palmer
Live 8_3_4 + 4b7_32+64 -Suite- Max4Live 5_1_9 _ core2DuoMacBook 2*2,16 Ghz + external FW HD _ OSX 10.6.8 _ 3G RAM _ M.H. MIO 2882 + 5.4d208 Driver _ Faderfox LV1 _ Akai MPK25 _ Logitec wheel mouse _______ PeacE will be the SOLution of LIVE