Toggle "Select next scene on launch" ?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
infiniteB

Toggle "Select next scene on launch" ?

Post by infiniteB » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:52 am

Is there a way to toggle the preference "Select next scene on launch" on and off via midi key/button control

cavern

Post by cavern » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:12 am

the up arrow?

forge

Post by forge » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:16 am

you can MIDI map the up down arrows that only appear to the right in MIDI map mode to select the scenes yourself

infiniteB

Post by infiniteB » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:46 pm

I know, but I'm trying to toggle the preference "Select next scene on launch" on and off via midi key/button control, as I change modes in a set

Atomikat

Post by Atomikat » Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:02 pm

I don't think the prefs windows is Midi mappable. This task (toggle ON/OFF) takes only 3-5 seconds to achieve (Pc=Ctrl+, /Mac=Command+, and a click...) that's it...why do you want to make it through Midi (and maybe more difficult... 8O )...I don't see how this will improve your workflow in a set...

infiniteB

Post by infiniteB » Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:44 pm

Atomikat wrote:I don't think the prefs windows is Midi mappable. This task (toggle ON/OFF) takes only 3-5 seconds to achieve (Pc=Ctrl+, /Mac=Command+, and a click...) that's it...why do you want to make it through Midi (and maybe more difficult... 8O )...I don't see how this will improve your workflow in a set...

say i want to repeat a scene 8 times on a global quant of 1/4 (hiphop/techno stutter, etc...), but most of the time, i want to highlight next scene for launch.... and i want to use these as modes (maybe repeat 4 or 5 sections like that as needed, then 10 section play as normal (highlight next scene for launch) as opposed to individual choices... and i won't necessarily be near my computer keyboard to do this... my controller(s) may be several feet away, while in the heat of battle