WE WANT LINUX SUPPORT!!!!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
NativeOps

WE WANT LINUX SUPPORT!!!!

Post by NativeOps » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:18 am

I'M SICK OF APPLE AND MICROSOFT.
I'M A MUSICIAN, NOT A COMPUTER TECH!

WHEN I OPEN MY COMPUTER, I DON'T WANT IT TO DO ANYTHING THAT I DON'T WANT IT TO.

I'M SICK OF THESE ****** CORPORATIONS.

I'VE WASTED 12 YEARS OF MY LIFE WAITING FOR SOFTWARE AND OS COMPANIES TO GET THEIR CRAP TOGETHER WHILE THEY SUCK MY POCKETS DRY.

AND WITH APPLE MAKING SAUCY DECISIONS LIKE REMOVING FIREWIRE PORTS FROM 13" LAPTOPS, I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO OPTIONS LEFT....
I REFUSE TO BUY A 15" LAPTOP JUST TO GET FIREWIRE, AND I WILL NEVER, EVER, EVER USE WINDOWS OS TO USE IN A LIVE SITUATION.. NEVER!!!!!!!!!

LINUX DOESN'T DO ANYTHING THAT YOU DON'T WANT IT TO DO. THE MIDI AND AUDIO TIMING BLOWS AWAY ANYTHING MICROSOFT AND APPLE CAN PERFORM. LINUX HAS A TEENY TINY FOOTPRINT. EXACTLY WHAT I WANT. THE ONLY THING I WANT MY OS TO DO IS MANAGE MY FILES. COPY, PASTE, DELETE, AND THAT'S ABOUT IT...

YOU HEAR ME APPLE? MICROSOFT?

WE WANT LINUX SUPPORT!!!!WE WANT LINUX SUPPORT!!!!WE WANT LINUX SUPPORT!!!!WE WANT LINUX SUPPORT!!!!WE WANT LINUX SUPPORT!!!!WE WANT LINUX SUPPORT!!!!WE WANT LINUX SUPPORT!!!!WE WANT LINUX SUPPORT!!!!WE WANT LINUX SUPPORT!!!!WE WANT LINUX SUPPORT!!!!WE WANT LINUX SUPPORT!!!!WE WANT LINUX SUPPORT!!!!WE WANT LINUX SUPPORT!!!!WE WANT LINUX SUPPORT!!!!WE WANT LINUX SUPPORT!!!!WE WANT LINUX SUPPORT!!!!WE WANT LINUX SUPPORT!!!!WE WANT LINUX SUPPORT!!!!WE WANT LINUX SUPPORT!!!!WE WANT LINUX SUPPORT!!!!WE WANT LINUX SUPPORT!!!!
Those who speak, don't know.
Those who know, don't speak.
http://nativeacoustics.com/

nf0

Post by nf0 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:30 am

NativeOps

Post by NativeOps » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:55 am

LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

djsynchro

Re: WE WANT LINUX SUPPORT!!!!

Post by djsynchro » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:58 am

NativeOps wrote: I'M A MUSICIAN, NOT A COMPUTER TECH!
Linux is great but it's the hardest to use of the three.
If you have problems making music using computers you probably should not be making music with a computer.

STOP WHINING!

Lo-Fi Massahkah

Post by Lo-Fi Massahkah » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:05 am

I surely like Linux for what it's worth. But I do not want Ableton to put time into developing for Linux as things look right now and I'm sure they won't.

I've run Ubuntu and OpenSuse - they're both great. But you need to be a bit of a geek to get into it. So I'm thinking you need to be less of a "computer tech" to run both Windows and OSX.

I don't know about audio and midi timing for Linux (personally I don't have any problems in either Win or OSX) - but as long as there are no drivers for Linux and my hardware, I really don't care how good the timing is.

.m

julienb

Post by julienb » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:14 am

you should use MAC OS X :-)

it is unix-based...
(watch it: http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Unix ... simple.svg )

btw, I'm using WXP and it works VERY fine.
it is dedicated to music and works without any problems !
Julien Bayle
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

art + teaching/consulting
ableton certified trainer
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

NativeOps

Re: WE WANT LINUX SUPPORT!!!!

Post by NativeOps » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:16 am

djsynchro wrote:
NativeOps wrote: I'M A MUSICIAN, NOT A COMPUTER TECH!
Linux is great but it's the hardest to use of the three.
If you have problems making music using computers you probably should not be making music with a computer.

STOP WHINING!

OK, here's a better reply:
You're the one who thinks Linux is hard to use, so wouldn't that make you the whiner? The problem is not making the music, it's making the computer obey functions properly between the abyss of corporations and compatibility issues. In other words, I wan the OS to do what I want, not the other way around...
Last edited by NativeOps on Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pasha

Post by Pasha » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:19 am

Lo-Fi Massahkah wrote:I surely like Linux for what it's worth. But I do not want Ableton to put time into developing for Linux as things look right now and I'm sure they won't.

I've run Ubuntu and OpenSuse - they're both great. But you need to be a bit of a geek to get into it. So I'm thinking you need to be less of a "computer tech" to run both Windows and OSX.

I don't know about audio and midi timing for Linux (personally I don't have any problems in either Win or OSX) - but as long as there are no drivers for Linux and my hardware, I really don't care how good the timing is.

.m
+1 Going Linux would be useless. I'm using it since 2000... it's still a geek OS when it comes to troubleshoot what's happening with a device with no drivers, especially audio!

- Best
- Pasha
Mac Studio M1
Live 12 Suite,Zebra ,Valhalla Plugins, MIDI Guitar (2+3),Guitar, Bass, VG99, GP10, JV1010 and some controllers

dom

Post by dom » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:27 am

Hi Native,

check your inboxes.

Dom
ableton support team
support@ableton.com

adventurepants_

Post by adventurepants_ » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:27 am

NativeOps wrote:LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!! LINUX!!!

oh hai!

Id like to introduce you to your own signature.

kthxbai!

julienb

Post by julienb » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:30 am

It isn't a geek os anymore..

But Ableton, please, don't loose time with another OS!!!!!

+1
Julien Bayle

art + teaching/consulting
ableton certified trainer

dom

Post by dom » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:40 am

Sorry for this thread, guys.
I already asked NativeOps to stop shouting and remove the Nazi comparison as well as editing the third posting.

So far i only got an insulting PM back.
I tried it again by answering in a friendly way to take a deep breath and calm down.

If it does not work out we will have the first situation i wanted to avoid, as explained in the code of behavior.

Dom

PS: Actually this is the unnecessary stuff we lose time on...
ableton support team
support@ableton.com

jonny72

Post by jonny72 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:03 am

dom wrote:Sorry for this thread, guys.
I already asked NativeOps to stop shouting and remove the Nazi comparison as well as editing the third posting.

I tried it again by answering in a friendly way to take a deep breath and calm down.

If it does not work out we will have the first situation i wanted to avoid, as explained in the code of behavior.

Dom

Dom

Do us all a favour. Hit the delete thread button followed by the ban user button.

I know you guys don't like moderating the forums too much but I'm sure everyone would agree we don't need this shit. Using the N word on the forums of a German company is just plain stupid and probably as offensive as you can be.

yoshitosser

Post by yoshitosser » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:32 pm

Dom

So how come the forum has been better behaved recently?
Is everybody voluntarily following the code of conduct or has the ban-hammer been used...? If it has, let's see the list of dearly departed contributers.

dom

Post by dom » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:54 pm

yoshitosser wrote:

Dom

So how come the forum has been better behaved recently?
Is everybody voluntarily following the code of conduct or has the ban-hammer been used...? If it has, let's see the list of dearly departed contributers.
So far people respect the guideline - mad probs to you all for that :)
In rare cases i have to send a friendly reminder via pm, asking if they can restate what they want to express in a decent manner instead of using offensive language - works out so far.

The only times we delete threads and immediately remove the user are pr0n-bot postings. Besides that there was only one case so far where i was literally asked to ban someone by himself. Even there i tried to reassure myself by asking if he's serious about that before taking action:

http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic. ... highlight=

Dom

PS: by the way, as i get this question from time to time via PM these days: nope, b0unce's account is up and running...
ableton support team
support@ableton.com