SoundCloud - music pro service + invites

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
henrikb

Post by henrikb » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:16 pm

Rave wrote:Cheers mang just joined. I will spread the word if that is ok :)
Please do!

There are some invites left on the ableton guestlist so pass it around!
Ever Had Trouble Sending or Receiving Music? - SoundCloud.com

Bunky Freaks

Post by Bunky Freaks » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:59 pm

very good concept! I'll signup at once,

thanks!

RhythmSickness

Post by RhythmSickness » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:30 pm

Very impressed, I love the visual waveform and the timeline commentary, very sweet indeed, many thanks for the invites.
G5, G4x2 / G3 Live 3/4/5/6 Reason 2/2.5/3 virb soundclick

butch_d

Post by butch_d » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:24 am

hi henrik)

soundcloud is amazing! thanx!)

here just some ideas to improve user interface...

1) seems i cannot change the track order on the fly now - i must re-upload the tracks and the first uploaded track will be last in the list. it is not so comfortable...

2) private messages in the dashboard are dumping down by many comments, fresh followers' tracks etc. and sometimes the user can lose them. i think it will be the best to separate private messages from other stuff as more important.

just my 2c)

henrikb

Post by henrikb » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:30 am

butch_d wrote:hi henrik)
Hey Butch! Glad you like it!
butch_d wrote: 1) seems i cannot change the track order on the fly now - i must re-upload the tracks and the first uploaded track will be last in the list. it is not so comfortable...
Currently you can not rearrange the tracks on your profile page as its supposed to be similar to a "stream" of your latest tracks. However, what you can do is create a Set out of selected tracks and re-arrange tracks within that set. We'll soon be adding a profile customization feature so that you can choose what you's like displayed as default on your profile (i.e. stream of tracks, comments, sets, favorites).

Once we've added the profile customization feature you could choose to display sets as default on your profile and then have the possibility to reorder them in any way you'd like.
butch_d wrote: 2) private messages in the dashboard are dumping down by many comments, fresh followers' tracks etc. and sometimes the user can lose them. i think it will be the best to separate private messages from other stuff as more important.
If you click on messages under the Dashboard tab only messages will be displayed but i guess you think that that's one click too much? Then my best tip is to change your notification settings so that new messages not get's lost. You also have an indicator of all your unread messages in the top right corner. I don't know if it makes sense to do even more, do you?

butch_d

Post by butch_d » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:57 am

henrikb wrote:
butch_d wrote:hi henrik)
Hey Butch! Glad you like it!
butch_d wrote: 1) seems i cannot change the track order on the fly now - i must re-upload the tracks and the first uploaded track will be last in the list. it is not so comfortable...
Currently you can not rearrange the tracks on your profile page as its supposed to be similar to a "stream" of your latest tracks. However, what you can do is create a Set out of selected tracks and re-arrange tracks within that set. We'll soon be adding a profile customization feature so that you can choose what you's like displayed as default on your profile (i.e. stream of tracks, comments, sets, favorites).

Once we've added the profile customization feature you could choose to display sets as default on your profile and then have the possibility to reorder them in any way you'd like.
butch_d wrote: 2) private messages in the dashboard are dumping down by many comments, fresh followers' tracks etc. and sometimes the user can lose them. i think it will be the best to separate private messages from other stuff as more important.
If you click on messages under the Dashboard tab only messages will be displayed but i guess you think that that's one click too much? Then my best tip is to change your notification settings so that new messages not get's lost. You also have an indicator of all your unread messages in the top right corner. I don't know if it makes sense to do even more, do you?
ok thnx for your reply) some things got clearer for me)

frahnque

Post by frahnque » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:01 pm

Btw. How do you get those PRO tags? Is it like it's with Flickr where you pay a fee for one or two years of deluxe treatment (unlimited filespace and so on)?
Live 8.1 Suite + M4L and C'74 MAX5
Macbook Air 13", 4 Gb Ram - Lion
Thinkpad W510 Core i7 720-QM, 8 Gb Ram - Win7 64-bit

Soundcloud-> http://soundcloud.com/frank-bolero

henrikb

Post by henrikb » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:41 pm

frahnque wrote:Btw. How do you get those PRO tags? Is it like it's with Flickr where you pay a fee for one or two years of deluxe treatment (unlimited filespace and so on)?
At the moment we are in the middle of development of our PRO accounts so the people having them now are just very early alpha testers. When launched (in a few weeks) the model will be very similar to flickr.

madhattared

Post by madhattared » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:45 am

just joined, this site looks like exactly what I need.

Thanks guys!
Live 7 hackintosh 10.5.2 q6600 raptor 4gig x3d pk FW410 bcr2k xboard49 Ultrasone DJ1 BM5a

weeddigger

Post by weeddigger » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:35 pm

Henrik, The site is awesome... I have heard a lot of great tunes so far...

The way one can comment on another's tune is excellent too. There is no match to this site anywhere...

Hope to put up some tunes myself soon enough.

Fernando Carvalho

Post by Fernando Carvalho » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:24 pm

Nice! I´m liking it!

So, when soundcloud gets open, could I share my tracks with everibody online?

That would be perfect for the netlabel I´m preparing right now, using the soundcloud player and hosting all the netlabel tracks with SC!

furrybum

Post by furrybum » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:52 am

Cool, I'm in
Macbook (An old white one...WITH FIREWIRE!!!!!)
Tascam Fireone
Spongefork
Logic Studio
Tassman 4
Live 7

http://www.myspace.com/darklightuk

smartass303

Post by smartass303 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:03 am

I really dig the widgets, found some good old friends and listened to tons of real good fresh (unreleased) music.
soundcloud is the bomb peeps.

henrikb

Post by henrikb » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:47 am

Fernando Carvalho wrote:Nice! I´m liking it!
Nice to hear!
Fernando Carvalho wrote: So, when soundcloud gets open, could I share my tracks with everibody online?
When we open the site everybody will be able to join which means that you can share to anybody on the web!

We are really interested in working with netlabels and getting them hooked up to the site. If you have any questions at all or feedback, send me an email at henrik@soundcloud.com

maomao

Post by maomao » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:57 pm

Soundcloud rocks. I've been using it for a few months now. A few comments/questions:

- something I'd really love to see is direct links to individual uploaded tracks, to be sent around by Email to my friends.

- can someone explain to me how on la Terra there are some many Italians on soundcloud??

- crowdpleaser and cloud are both putting some really cool tracks in there..

- y'all: please visit http://soundcloud.com/maomao :-)

there's a few cool bootlegs done in Live. Feedback is expected (with the great comment function)

good luck for the future development!
http://www.soundcloud.com/maomao

"one good thing about music is when it hits you feel no pain"