Dual Screen Users: Hotkey script to open all VST plug-ins!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
djsynchro

Re: Dual Screen Users: Hotkey script to open all VST plug-ins!

Post by djsynchro » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:49 pm

Here it is:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/jxc1u4 also updated link in original post.
I found a pixel in the wrench icon that ONLY occurs in that icon, and the script tests for that pixel (that's why there are 2 different scripts for 2 different skins) might be better to search for the bitmap of the icon. The script is fairly well documented if I remember well. Post back here if you get it going please... It was very handy for opening big projects.

flipotto

Post by flipotto » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:53 pm

djsynchro wrote:Here it is:

I found a pixel in the wrench icon that ONLY occurs in that icon, and the script tests for that pixel (that's why there are 2 different scripts for 2 different skins) might be better to search for the bitmap of the icon. The script is fairly well documented if I remember well. Post back here if you get it going please... It was very handy for opening big projects.
That is a very innovative approach!
I will try to take a look tonight, does it matter which skin is used with Live?

flipotto

Post by flipotto » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:59 pm

flipotto wrote:
djsynchro wrote:Here it is:

That is a very innovative approach!
I will try to take a look tonight, does it matter which skin is used with Live?
It is very small too!

djsynchro

Post by djsynchro » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:42 pm

No idea why it stopped working, at full speed on my AMD the script was unreliable I thought maybe because the Quad core is faster it needed a longer pause inside the loop but that wasn't it. It needs a particular skin, yes, there's a read me in the file and comments in the script.

flipotto

Post by flipotto » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:23 am

djsynchro wrote:No idea why it stopped working, at full speed on my AMD the script was unreliable I thought maybe because the Quad core is faster it needed a longer pause inside the loop but that wasn't it. It needs a particular skin, yes, there's a read me in the file and comments in the script.
Hey,
Can you describe what it is supposed to do and how it should look.
I'm using 6.0.10 and the default skin. Is that the same as the 5.2 default?

It looks like it goes thru all the chans, I see things open up but they flash by very quickly.
Intel core duo dell d520 laptop ...

djsynchro

Post by djsynchro » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:39 am

flipotto wrote:
djsynchro wrote:No idea why it stopped working, at full speed on my AMD the script was unreliable I thought maybe because the Quad core is faster it needed a longer pause inside the loop but that wasn't it. It needs a particular skin, yes, there's a read me in the file and comments in the script.
Hey,
Can you describe what it is supposed to do and how it should look.
I'm using 6.0.10 and the default skin. Is that the same as the 5.2 default?

It looks like it goes thru all the chans, I see things open up but they flash by very quickly.
Intel core duo dell d520 laptop ...
There are 2 scripts, 1 for the Live 7 default skin, and one for the 5.2 skin, so I think you need to drop that one in your skins folder, and use the appropriate script. You need to have session showing, close the browser when you do Command plus "`" (the key above TAB that also has "~" on it) the script will select a track, see if there are any VSTs in it, then open them, go to the next track. VST plug-ins should be moved onto your second monitor first, then save & open your set, run the script, if it works it will open all the VSTs and they'll be on your second screen Live does remember the positions.

Aight!

flipotto

Post by flipotto » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:55 am

ok - not working here, it seems to scroll thru the tracks or if I select a menu item it scrolls thru the menus too. i have not seen a vst show up on the second screen yet.. Wait... the second screen also has to be that same resolution too, right?
I have a 1024x768 lappy monitor running as an extended monitor of a correct resolution 22" external monitor.
I never see anything happen on the second monitor.

Hmm....

jbone1313

Post by jbone1313 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:27 am

Anybody have a working version of this for Live 8?

Gnuus

Post by Gnuus » Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:22 am

+1
http://myspace.com/aftronics
Live 10 Intro | iMac 3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 | 16 GB Ram | Samaon Graphite 49 | Mac OS X 10.13.6 | iPad air | ZOOM TAC-2 | Roland TD11

loquat

Post by loquat » Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:29 am

Has someone posted this in the Feature Wishlist forum? I haven't actually downloaded the script, but I hate it when my VSTs disappear on my second screen.

Trent

Post by Trent » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:47 pm

Could someone please re-post the link?