Native Live vocoder in the pipeline ??

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:40 pm

pulsoc wrote:
Robert Henke wrote: There is much more that can be done with a Vocoder then a Daft Punk track.
FALSE!
No, you can do more than a Daft Punk track, you can do several Daft Punk tracks.

;)

julienb

Post by julienb » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:41 pm

pulsoc wrote:
Robert Henke wrote: There is much more that can be done with a Vocoder then a Daft Punk track.
FALSE!
you think about Justice?ok. Robert is right :lol:

It is a bad joke. (I hate Justice, and I don't really like daft punk, but all taste exists)

btw, I agree with Robert!
Julien Bayle
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

art + teaching/consulting
ableton certified trainer
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

forge

Post by forge » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:44 pm

julienb wrote: btw, I agree with Robert!
which bit? that no-one needs a vocoder or that vocoders are great? :lol:

julienb

Post by julienb » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:45 pm

forge wrote:
julienb wrote: btw, I agree with Robert!
which bit? that no-one needs a vocoder or that vocoders are great? :lol:

with that:
There is much more that can be done with a Vocoder then a Daft Punk track.
8)
Julien Bayle

Meef Chaloin

Post by Meef Chaloin » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:51 pm

interesting.

i think he knew about it in that lecture video - he looked seriously shocked, i think he knew it was being developed but didnt know romour had reached the outside world or that the idea was further developed than he knew about

beatpoet

Post by beatpoet » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:51 pm

julienb wrote:wow!
a vocoder..!

I just would like to get answer for THE partnership (or else) we all think about.
I mean: open Live to Max, OSC worlds!!!
Same here, hopefully whatever else the cycling partnership brings it'll have to bring OSC to Live to be in any way useful.

forge

Post by forge » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:08 pm

beatpoet wrote:
a vocoder..!

I just would like to get answer for THE partnership (or else) we all think about.
Same here, hopefully whatever else the cycling partnership brings it'll have to bring OSC to Live to be in any way useful.
well, Max 5 is out in the next 24h so I guess that will mean the beginning at least of the collab

pulsoc

Post by pulsoc » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:16 pm

Angstrom wrote:
pulsoc wrote:
FALSE!
No, you can do more than a Daft Punk track, you can do several Daft Punk tracks.

;)
Oh yes, that's true. And you don't even have to change the settings!

beatpoet

Post by beatpoet » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:27 pm

forge wrote:
beatpoet wrote:
a vocoder..!

well, Max 5 is out in the next 24h so I guess that will mean the beginning at least of the collab
They're saying nothing also though. Nothing in this release that nods towards it anyway, although max has be rebuilt from the ground up to cope with the next 20 years they say, so easier integration with other interfaces/hardware/sortware would be high on that list I recon, so hopefully with in Live 8 we'll see something.

I'm not holding my breath though. This is the only info I've seen in months on that matter, from Timothy Place of Cycling '74
> are there any news about max and live agreement, guys?
> no more than the article on cycling website?
> or am i missing something?

"The Max 5 project is not the same thing as the agreement with
Ableton. That's something different, and you will hopefully get to
enjoy it a little further in the future. Enjoy! "
Tim
http://www.cycling74.com/forums/index.p ... 23e270c3e2

'Hopefully' we'll get to enjoy it a little further in the future ??? Doesn't sound like there's going to be anything ready for Live 8 even ???

forge

Post by forge » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:42 pm

beatpoet wrote:
forge wrote:
beatpoet wrote: Same here, hopefully whatever else the cycling partnership brings it'll have to bring OSC to Live to be in any way useful.
They're saying nothing also though. Nothing in this release that nods towards it anyway, although max has be rebuilt from the ground up to cope with the next 20 years they say, so easier integration with other interfaces/hardware/sortware would be high on that list I recon, so hopefully with in Live 8 we'll see something.

I'm not holding my breath though. This is the only info I've seen in months on that matter, from Timothy Place of Cycling '74
> are there any news about max and live agreement, guys?
> no more than the article on cycling website?
> or am i missing something?

"The Max 5 project is not the same thing as the agreement with
Ableton. That's something different, and you will hopefully get to
enjoy it a little further in the future. Enjoy! "
Tim
http://www.cycling74.com/forums/index.p ... 23e270c3e2

'Hopefully' we'll get to enjoy it a little further in the future ??? Doesn't sound like there's going to be anything ready for Live 8 even ???
Robert said similar - mainly that C74 have been very busy with Max 5 and work would start when that was stable

whether he was just trying to throw us off the scent there, we can only wait and see....

julienb

Post by julienb » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:44 pm

grrr....
wait, wait wait etc...

but unfortunately, they don't release anything as major as that before a major release..

I mean, nothing new for this partnership before live 8 (at least)
but now the question is : "WHEN LIVE 8???"
:lol:
Julien Bayle

forge

Post by forge » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:52 pm

julienb wrote: but now the question is : "WHEN LIVE 8???"
:lol:
not for a while

but consider this....

Operator came with 4.1 - a special sub release just to include operator

5.2 brought MacIntel and a kind fo dual core support

we dont yet know the nature of the C74 collab, but say it is just a kind of bridge that allows them to talk more easily, like a new kind of Rewire but more powerful because it allows full integration of both products

pure speculation of course, and in the current competitive climate people like FLStudio are providing Synthmaker with FLS maybe there does need to be a scaled down version of Plugg/Max for Live - but we dont yet know

polyslax

Post by polyslax » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:52 pm

pulsoc wrote:
FALSE!
Seriously?

I like using the ELS Vocoder for all kinds of pitch tracking, filtering and distortion fx (from subtle to mayhem) on leads and drums.
Image Image

beatpoet

Post by beatpoet » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:54 pm

forge wrote:
Robert said similar - mainly that C74 have been very busy with Max 5 and work would start when that was stable

whether he was just trying to throw us off the scent there, we can only wait and see....

Believe nothing, unless they're telling you lies.

Anybody got a video from Inside Cycling '74 that could shed some light on this ?

forge

Post by forge » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:57 pm

beatpoet wrote:
forge wrote:

Believe nothing, unless they're telling you lies.

Anybody got a video from Inside Cycling '74 that could shed some light on this ?
I heard somebody was making a vocoder that was the same as the ABleton one but with the Max 5 GUI