Something wonderful has happened...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
piZMo

Post by piZMo » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:45 pm

Tone Deft's miserable today isn't he? whats wrong with the thread tittle, jaysus i bet if someone had just implemented a true step sequencer or looper he wouldn't be so disenchanted.

so Nathan i guess what the interested parties would like to know is when this is going to be made available? is it still in beta or is it a finished product waiting for an investor?

Nathan Ramella

Post by Nathan Ramella » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:46 pm

Tone Deft wrote:still haven't watched your video.
And this negatively affects me.. how?

Sales Dude McBoob

Post by Sales Dude McBoob » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:47 pm

Nathan Ramella wrote:
Awww shit! MonkeyGod vs. Tone Deft!!!!

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:49 pm

Nathan Ramella wrote:
is it good? not enough forum approval for me to bother.

TV;DW <-- too vague, didn't watch
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:52 pm

piZMo wrote:Tone Deft's miserable today isn't he? whats wrong with the thread tittle, jaysus i bet if someone had just implemented a true step sequencer or looper he wouldn't be so disenchanted.
wow, you've never seen me in my usual monday grumpy ranting foaming at the mouth form? this is a little girl's tea party compared to that.
Cheers!

really, it's just me openly verbalizing what I do and don't read, and a tip to people who might wonder why their videos don't get watched.

I'm in a great mood! have a great weekend, totally relaxing, made some good tunes.
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

kb420

Post by kb420 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:55 pm

LOL! Good one!
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger..........."
-Friedrich Nietzsche-

Nathan Ramella

Post by Nathan Ramella » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:17 pm

Tone Deft wrote:really, it's just me openly verbalizing what I do and don't read, and a tip to people who might wonder why their videos don't get watched.
I kind of assumed that perhaps people would remember my name from the LiveAPI project I led last year, in fact I even remember you posting a few times in those threads and being far less of a mouthy idiot.

However, since you apparently don't remember me, I did that. Now I did this.

It doesn't matter to me if you have some beef with my thread title. Comments and PMs along the lines of 'WOW', 'I want to buy this', 'This is what I've been wanting for AGES' are keeping me pretty busy.

However, I enjoy responding to your posts because with each one you further embarrass yourself with your willful ignorance and its pretty funny.

Until you can trump to me I suggest you keep quiet for your own good. Whatever shred of reputation you have around here is likely all you have to keep you afloat. I'm just visiting.

stutter

Post by stutter » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:30 pm

I remembered your name from the LiveAPI project and your website, and it's the only reason I checked the thread.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:44 pm

Nathan Ramella wrote:I kind of assumed that perhaps people would remember my name from the LiveAPI project I led last year, in fact I even remember you posting a few times in those threads and being far less of a mouthy idiot.
yeah, that was a cool project, completely obfuscated and abandoned for a while, you disappeared when we got into it but a few people seem to have resurrected it. cool, but I prefer the geekshit at work, and music at home. too much effort for what I can do with other means.
However, since you apparently don't remember me, I did that. Now I did this.
very cool man, it was great to know people were hacking on Live like that.

I might watch the video, but now you've resorted to insulting me, so I probably won't.
It doesn't matter to me if you have some beef with my thread title.
:lol: obviously. :roll:

you can't take any bit of criticism, can you? I'm an electrical engineer by trade (35 years old) I've been around geeks my whole life, I know your type. huge, fragile ego but you do cool stuff.
Comments and PMs along the lines of 'WOW', 'I want to buy this', 'This is what I've been wanting for AGES' are keeping me pretty busy.
that and sucking your own dick. OK, that was out of line but had to be said, you're trying to hard. I do have lots of respect for people who give to the community in ANY positive form, especially if it's free.
However, I enjoy responding to your posts because with each one you further embarrass yourself with your willful ignorance and its pretty funny.
again, calling me stupid. that's cool, I know your type, you probably do deserve your huge ego, just stop waving your dick around about it.
Until you can trump to me I suggest you keep quiet for your own good. Whatever shred of reputation you have around here is likely all you have to keep you afloat. I'm just visiting.
ooooooh I'm scared, how could I possibly trump YOU?!?! how could ANYONE possibly trump the great MonkeyGod? you don't know me, it's pretty fucking stupid to underestimate your adversary, especially on an open, worldwide public forum.

dude, you really gotta learn to not take yourself so seriously... and learn how to choose proper thread titles, this one's retarded but I do see how it fits your ego. do you realize that you've tied a comment about your retarded thread title to your ego, think about it. that's what this is about, you can't take criticism, you're emotionally immature.

'sall good, I'm used to dealing with egotistical geeks. pet them on the head, tell them they're awesome, sit back and see what they produce. just never criticize them, their peers beat them up as kids and they were tied to mum's apron string their whole lives, computers and books are the only things they can relate to.

TV;DW but you do rock, I'm honored and privileged to share this discourse with you.
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

arachnaut

Post by arachnaut » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:02 pm

I just read a thread where a newbie was asking for help and complained about the aggression in this forum.

And now this one were someone is being helpful and gets seared alive.

I always wondered why there were so few females into this stuff - I guess there's so much testosterone they get frightened away.

kb420

Post by kb420 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:11 pm

Come on man. It ain't that bad. This is the best thread I've read all day.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger..........."
-Friedrich Nietzsche-

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:13 pm

archanut - :roll: you don't read much, do you?

watched. holy fuck!! I've posted many many many times that I'd give my left nut to scratch in Live. video is needlessly long and the whole god thing... ummmm yeah.

my bet, you're sending midi notes to max/msp, those midi notes are selecting samples to scratch over, the max/msp engine itself is derived from Ms. Pinky stuff.

I've looked into getting gear like that but meh, I've got battle records with all the usual/unusual sounds.

ironic thing is that, a thread title of "How to scratch Live clips" would've had me begging for more info hours ago.

nice work, why so vague about it?
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

kabuki

Post by kabuki » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:58 pm

But "How to Scratch Live Clips" would be far more inaccurate than "Something Wonderful Has Happened". He hasn't told us "how" yet. Wonderful, indeed.

I was expecting a Rickroll/2Girls, 1 Cup redux or something about Chuck Heston's cold, dead, gunless hand.

I'll take the Scrableton anyday over Rick Astley eating poop.
15" PB 2.5 Ghz, 4 Gig RAM, 750 GB HD, Live 9 still no cue points or program change messages?!?. Doesn't do shit.

forge

Post by forge » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:18 am

ah fucksake shut up tone!

:lol: :lol:

jeezus

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:21 am

lmfao!! I was just playing with the guy over my morning coffee.

oops, I'm supposed to stfu. 8O
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz