CD track naming HELP! Online database???

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
DJSK

CD track naming HELP! Online database???

Post by DJSK » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:53 pm

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with a problem I have been having. I am trying to figure out how to make it so that my promo CDs display the track names when I play them on Itunes, Realplayer, or Windows Media Player. The CD's that I buy from retail do it just fine but I can't figure out how to do it with my own burned CDs that I give out for promotion. CD text doesn't work because Itunes and Windows Media Player don't read CD text the way car stereos do, it has something to do with their ability to identify the disc IDs and accessing an online database of some sort. Does anyone know how to do this? Is there an online database that I can go to to register my discs IDs and get a code that I can burn with the CDs so that the info shows up. I am using Waveburner from Logic Studio to burn the discs on my Macbook Pro.

synnack

Post by synnack » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:28 pm

MBP | Live 9 Suite | Max for Live | Push | MOTU Ultralite | iPad | Analog Modular Synths | Moog Voyager
aka "Tempus3r" | Music | Blog | Twitter | Soundcloud

DJSK

Post by DJSK » Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:18 pm

I tried that already but it didn't work. When I tried seeing if it worked by playing the CD on someone else's computer it wouldn't work. I tried the "Get CD Track Names" option in Itunes bit it said this CD is not found in the database. I think it only works with commercial CDs because they have some kind of ID you can put on the CD to submit to the database. I am trying to figure out how to get an ID. There's got to be a way to submit to the database yourself by putting in some kind submition with the CDDB. I know most disc duplication centers can do this but I would just like to figure out a way to do it at home.

DJSK

Post by DJSK » Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:22 pm

AH HA!!! I just figured out that it may take up to 48 hours for the information to be submitted. Well I guess I will have to wait for 2 days to see if it worked.