Vitamin L: 100+ shortcuts to speed up your workflow (a lot).

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
madlab

Post by madlab » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:02 am

no mac version ?
Aboard from V. 1
MBP M1 Pro 2021 - 16 Go RAM - Monterey 12.6.3
MBP 2.5 Ghz I7 16 Go SSD OSX 10.14
iPad + Mira+ TouchOsc
RME FF UC Live 11.3.21 M4L Max 8
Band : https://elastocat.org/
Madlab sound unit / objects, guitar, electronics / end_of_transmission

tw1nstates

Post by tw1nstates » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:12 pm

there was talk for a while but I dont reckon that's happened yet.

Would be pay cool though. I'd pay £50 quid towards getting it done. . .
I slipped into a daze, whilst I was there I heard the most startling music, it was at once familiar and alien, reassuring and unsettling.
https://soundcloud.com/fearoftherave

friend_kami

Post by friend_kami » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:03 pm

im curious, whats the easiet way to perform this insert utility on track thing youve got here?
cause that + sticky clips is really all i need right now heh.

tonearm

Post by tonearm » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:36 am

friend_kami wrote:im curious, whats the easiet way to perform this insert utility on track thing youve got here?
I can make a separate tool for that (or loading any plugin in general) if you need it. Probably will have to wait till Live 8 beta to ensure compatibility.

friend_kami

Post by friend_kami » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:04 pm

tonearm wrote:
friend_kami wrote:im curious, whats the easiet way to perform this insert utility on track thing youve got here?
I can make a separate tool for that (or loading any plugin in general) if you need it. Probably will have to wait till Live 8 beta to ensure compatibility.
please do :)
only need utility basicly.
oh, and sticky clips then hehe.

debu

Post by debu » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:19 am

It's broken in 8, but if there's interest he'll update it.

I'll def donate what I can if it gets done

friend_kami

Post by friend_kami » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:05 am

can i request a feature? if os, ill request the ability to customize the shortcuts aswell as turn on/off different functions. and with that said: ill buy it (or donate then i guess) without blinking!

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:32 pm

Ilia-

The pre-VitaminL script with mousewheel zooming doesn't work in L8. Any suggestions?

debu

Post by debu » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:53 pm

friend_kami wrote:can i request a feature? if os, ill request the ability to customize the shortcuts aswell as turn on/off different functions. and with that said: ill buy it (or donate then i guess) without blinking!
+1 Ability to customize would be dope.

doremifa

Re: Vitamin L: 100+ shortcuts to speed up your workflow (a lot).

Post by doremifa » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:40 pm

Yes, and with custom shortcuts the most essential thing for me would be to have an option to bind 12 vst plug-ins to Some Key + F1-F12. So I could launch them (plug-in windows) with it. This is my number one wanted hotkey in Ableton. And probably you could make a more integrated version with MFL?

Shame that Abes don't do that simple basic thing. Can you imagine say Photoshop without hotkeys? Can you you call any app professional if doesn't support hotkeys? And Live default shortcuts are a joke. Ctrl+R for rename.. are they comfort with it themselfs?

I agree that the current TEMP OF IMPROVEMENT AND FEATURES IMPLEMETATION in Live is too slow. Why? Hire more programmers and listen more to what ppl say in forums. Implement at least twice as much as you do now. Do more free in between realeses (8.1 etc). And ppl will buy more, instead of using pirated versions (which everyone can easily get in one click via google) if they love you, if they see that you listen to their requests and prayers. Is it so hard? Maybe you don't enjoy your work anymore and it became an ordinary mandatory?

oxygen23

Post by oxygen23 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:54 pm

Does anybody have problem with (de)activate clip(s) shortcut?? It's "/" (slash) but it doesn't work for me..??!!

Jekblad

Post by Jekblad » Tue May 19, 2009 3:34 pm

this is awesome...

wish i could figure out a way to do all the context stuff within iKey for the mac
2.4 ghz Macbook Pro 8gb RAM, SSD, Live 9 Suite, Puremagnetik, Minimal Talent

tw1nstates

Post by tw1nstates » Tue May 19, 2009 4:38 pm

mac version please please please :)

And yes +1 for the comment about ableton being slow to release new stuff.
The whole application should be much more customisable. User generated hotkeys and stuff like that would be good.
For example disable clip doesn't have a shortcut wtf? i use that all the time. . .
I slipped into a daze, whilst I was there I heard the most startling music, it was at once familiar and alien, reassuring and unsettling.
https://soundcloud.com/fearoftherave

debu

Post by debu » Tue May 19, 2009 5:19 pm

I got some of those "editor key" Live stickers as a gift for a friend and after he put them on I realized (again) how unintuitive the native shortcuts are.

I think he mentioned in this thread that he'd update it if there was enough interest. If this was working for me totally in 8 I'd use it again and donate a 20, maybe more immediately. :wink:

friend_kami

Post by friend_kami » Tue May 19, 2009 6:38 pm

debu wrote:I got some of those "editor key" Live stickers as a gift for a friend and after he put them on I realized (again) how unintuitive the native shortcuts are.

I think he mentioned in this thread that he'd update it if there was enough interest. If this was working for me totally in 8 I'd use it again and donate a 20, maybe more immediately. :wink:
yeah. make the shortcuts customizeable though, cause some people (like me) doesnt sit with us scancodes so not everything is working as it should., so a simple remapping tool would be a neat addition to that then.

that goes for you too flipotto ;)