7.0.3 frequent crashes while duplicating channels

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
miqueas1

Post by miqueas1 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:37 pm

naph wrote:i suggest you to switch back to 7.02 untile they fix it. it's almost impossible for me to have a good workflow with this bug, since i rely a lot on duplicating channel
I have been having this problem too.. in 7.0.3... I think it is the same problem.. all I know is... live freezes up alot.. and then crashes... I then have to reboot all the time... It did it most whenver I was trying to mix down a set.. and it had a lot to process..

It does it as well with duplicate.. I duplicate almost every time I open live.. it is part of my workflow... I have gone back to 7.0.2 and it works just fine.. haven't really had any issues..

Will continue there until this gets fixed!
Ableton Live Suite 8, Launchpad, Apc40, Touch-able, Griid, Minimoog, Sylenth1, Nexxus2, Maschine Mikro, all Ableton Audio Plugins, Recyle, Waves Mastering Plug Ins. http://www.soundcloud.com/micahjames

timothyallan

Post by timothyallan » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:13 am

Ahhh, good to hear I'm not the only one that is getting this issue!

$4mU3l

same to me...

Post by $4mU3l » Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:38 pm

I experinced the same bug, while duplicating a track Live 7.0.3 crashes. But the worst thing is that I have to reboot my PC. This is always taking a lot of time until Windows XPSP2 is able to end the hanging "LIVE 7.0.3.exe" task. I am not able to quit this task by the taskmanger either. It is easier to quit some system related tasks than Abletons Live :lol: :twisted: !!! When this happens it is also impossible to quit the soundcard application (EMU-Patchmix). A log off from Windows is not enough I have to restart everytime. Because logging off cannot fix the crashed soundcard driver which requires a restart via GUI everytime Live crashes.

timothyallan

Re: same to me...

Post by timothyallan » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:39 pm

reflective7511 wrote:I experinced the same bug, while duplicating a track Live 7.0.3 crashes. But the worst thing is that I have to reboot my PC. This is always taking a lot of time until Windows XPSP2 is able to end the hanging "LIVE 7.0.3.exe" task. I am not able to quit this task by the taskmanger either. It is easier to quit some system related tasks than Abletons Live :lol: :twisted: !!! When this happens it is also impossible to quit the soundcard application (EMU-Patchmix). A log off from Windows is not enough I have to restart everytime. Because logging off cannot fix the crashed soundcard driver which requires a restart via GUI everytime Live crashes.
I had this error as well on XP, turn off your midi controllers and see if Live.exe disappears, thats what worked for me. No more reboots!

unknown user

Try the demo for 7.03 fix

Post by unknown user » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:02 pm

I've been having the same problems with 7.03, I am having a few gigs this weekend, and I just noticed the instability of 7.03, desperately looking for my 7.02 file that I couldn't find, I downed the live 7 trial and while installing everything works perfectly.. for now at least. It automacially recognized my serials etc. no cpu peaks or whatsoever. I recommend...

by the way it says I have 7.05 now... I don't know why?... or am I missing something?

cheers
Internationalism

c1c2

Post by c1c2 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:21 pm

Yep I can confirm this bug.
But it happens only in session view here, not in arrangement view.

Does anyone know where to find the crashlog under Vista?
I99900K WIn10
Win11 and Tuxedo Gemini 2
RME Babyface & UFX I
..some additional Synth hardware :)

Hervé

Post by Hervé » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:41 pm

Dom wrote:Just for clarification:

The latest version is 7.0.5 - you already found the "normal" installer on our servers, too.
The main reason for the new version number was the new trial functionality.
Therefore 7.0.5 is not exactly intended to be one of the usual bugfix updates but it nevertheless contains a handful fixes that were already finished when doing the trial version (e.g. the duplicate track problem).

Due to different schedules and website maintenance there was no announcement or detailed change log published yet - this is planned for tomorrow.

Cheers,
Dom
:wink:

c1c2

Post by c1c2 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:33 pm

Just in time, as usual. :lol:

EDIT: BTW, got answer from the support team, just 2 hours
after I´ve sended my bugreport. 8O
I99900K WIn10
RME Babyface & UFX I

djgroovy

Post by djgroovy » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:36 pm

Hervé wrote:
Dom wrote:Just for clarification:

The latest version is 7.0.5 - you already found the "normal" installer on our servers, too.
The main reason for the new version number was the new trial functionality.
Therefore 7.0.5 is not exactly intended to be one of the usual bugfix updates but it nevertheless contains a handful fixes that were already finished when doing the trial version (e.g. the duplicate track problem).

Due to different schedules and website maintenance there was no announcement or detailed change log published yet - this is planned for tomorrow.

Cheers,
Dom
:wink:
Great.
Altough i will still keep my current 7.0.2
Just in case...

rob lee

Post by rob lee » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:48 am

hmm my production has slowed terribly since switching from cubase sx to live..i really like live and thats why i switched after 18 years with cubase but 7.0.3 is doing my nut in :( computer has to be restarted over and over after every crash...if it does it today i'll have no alternative but to delete live and install cubase which is a shame as the demo of live i downloaded before i bought it sold me and i went and bought it but now im having crashes every session..
don't ableton thoroughly beta test their software before they release it or what?
deflated is the only word to describe the feeling..get it sorted lads please.
cheers rob :wink:

c1c2

Post by c1c2 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:11 am

Don´t get me wrong, I can understand your frustration,
but I´d keep in touch with the support, they will sort it out.

I guess the topic describes a specific bug. If you´re facing
your own trouble (and it seems serious), I´d start a new topic
just to keep it clear arranged. Maybe someone can help you.
This is a great community. ;)
I99900K WIn10
RME Babyface & UFX I

rob lee

Post by rob lee » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:21 am

yeah great community mate..iv'e tried everything even reinstalled live but nothing doing..crashes and more crashes..nevermind i'll just wait for an update.
cheers rob

Amaury

Post by Amaury » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:46 am

Hi,

Can you please try the new 7.0.5 and let us know if you still experience problems with duplicating tracks?
http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=90309

Regards,
Amaury
Ableton Product Team

$4mU3l

Fixed!

Post by $4mU3l » Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:58 pm

Fixed within 7.0.5! :wink:

rob lee

Post by rob lee » Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:57 am

Me fixed too with 7.0.5 been running stable for 7 hours no glitches no freezes..quicker start up of live would be nice though. :wink:
rob