Bearded men ahoy, share your advice..

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
forge

Post by forge » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:30 am

yeah might do if I ever finish anything! cheers

ewistrand

Post by ewistrand » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:31 am

I shampoo and condition mine. I also trim it back to my chin every couple months, and occasionally cut the neck curlies off.

Other than that; I just let it go. I haven't shaved it off in 17 years; the last time I did, I was carded buying a pack of smokes at the ripe young age of 35 :lol:

This is from a little over a year ago; it looks about the same now:

ew

Homebelly

Post by Homebelly » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:34 am

I gotta beard!!!

It used to be down to my chest, but then i did a cooking gig in a purpose built catering truck. I was trying to light the pilot for the coffee machine and it blew back on me,, true story,, I was lying on my back trying to get at the pilot and so i think i was under the bulk of the gas that was escaping which would be why i didn't actually smell it,, however,, when it went up it blew the door at the back open and the window shutters out, and burnt off every piece hair that was exposed,, eye brows , eye lashes, any hair that wasn't under my hat,, all the hair on my arms and legs and my beard and mustache. I'd been dating this girl for about a week, i met her the next day and she walked right past me not recognizing me,,,
The explosion must have looked awesome,, we where in the garage in the building where we did most of the actual cooking, it was about 2.30am and we where off to cook for a movie production that tarted at 5.30am. I was a little dazed and confused after it all went up, the guy's i was working with shat them selves thinking i might have been dead. I had tinnitus for about two days, and the smell of hair and semi burnt flesh hung arround for the whole week,,
luckily i didn't actually get any flesh burns,, but i was very red for a couple of days.
The whole experiance was worth it just to see the actual terror in the faces of the guy's i was working with,, i think i might have done more damage to my lungs laughing than what the fire could have done if it was any more serious.
15" 2.4 MBP/Live/Sampler/Operator/ Home made Dumble clone/Two Strats/One Jazz Bass.
Come and visit any time= Soundcloud

forge

Post by forge » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:40 am

Homebelly wrote:I gotta beard!!!

It used to be down to my chest, but then i did a cooking gig in a purpose built catering truck. I was trying to light the pilot for the coffee machine and it blew back on me,, true story,, I was lying on my back trying to get at the pilot and so i think i was under the bulk of the gas that was escaping which would be why i didn't actually smell it,, however,, when it went up it blew the door at the back open and the window shutters out, and burnt off every piece hair that was exposed,, eye brows , eye lashes, any hair that wasn't under my hat,, all the hair on my arms and legs and my beard and mustache. I'd been dating this girl for about a week, i met her the next day and she walked right past me not recognizing me,,,
The explosion must have looked awesome,, we where in the garage in the building where we did most of the actual cooking, it was about 2.30am and we where off to cook for a movie production that tarted at 5.30am. I was a little dazed and confused after it all went up, the guy's i was working with shat them selves thinking i might have been dead. I had tinnitus for about two days, and the smell of hair and semi burnt flesh hung arround for the whole week,,
luckily i didn't actually get any flesh burns,, but i was very red for a couple of days.
The whole experiance was worth it just to see the actual terror in the faces of the guy's i was working with,, i think i might have done more damage to my lungs laughing than what the fire could have done if it was any more serious.
:lol: :lol: 8O 8O 8O holy crap that;s a good story!

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:47 am

Homebelly wrote:I gotta beard!!!

my LCD has some spit on it now .. thanks for the laugh!!

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:48 am

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:07 am

:lol: nice one ewy, nice to meet you.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

lunabass

Post by lunabass » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:13 am

there are other things you need to consider:

1. i've had to rethink my method of thrusting forward a cheek during a greeting kiss...this applies to all cheeks come to think of it.
2. be extra careful when blowing ones nose.
3. when you start chewing on the hair on your top lip, it's time to trim the top lip.
4. grey hair in your beard doesn't always mean you've garnered wizard powers or are indeed a wizard.

there is a great adelaide band called "the beards". they sing songs about beards...they even played at the big day out...they have all the information you require.
http://www.myspace.com/thebeardsclub
:: STAK ::
Music for Visual Media
www.staksounds.com
@staksounds

kramerica

Post by kramerica » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:16 am

I just shaved mine off but I usually sport one through the winter. I trim my beard to the "2" length on my beard trimmer for a nice clean cut. If I let it grow any longer, it becomes really red (I have no other red hair on my body) and looks dirty.

Definitely shave your neck consistently (around the jaw line) or else you look like a hobo.

Goatee's are lame unless you like NASCAR and wear Oakley's.
\,, / (^_^) \,,? /

nathannn

Post by nathannn » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:17 am

i grew a beard out when i broke up with my girlfriend..
its my "im fucking depressed beard"
i have had it for 5 1/2 months now..
fuck im depressed.
i plan on shaving it in the spring.
as for advise..
idk...
im depressed... use new razors maybe?
The Push / Novation Launch Pad / Novation Launch Pad Pro / Novation Launch Key
/ Launch Control XL / Machine MkII / Machine Studio / BeatStep / Livid OhmRGB / Livid Code V2 / Apc 40 MKII

no computers or synths

20 Copies of Ableton Live Lite.

knotkranky

Post by knotkranky » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:19 am

Oh yeah, i shampoo regularly. But if don't for a while it's really convenient to run hot water through it for some soup bullion. Usually salty if you work out a lot or eat pussy.

I trim often. A tighter goatee makes me look younger. Though it is getting hella grey.

Full beard makes me break-out in these HUGE zits that are too painful to bare.

Under forty, let it go. Over, keep it tight.

Girls that love em are keepers. A great way to filter.

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:27 am

Please, one less bearded man

I know it's the 'in' thing now, but dawg

the thing is to be different

but I trust you'll wear it well
Ableton | Elektron

Music

lunabass

Post by lunabass » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:27 am

taken from 'the beards' track "no beard, no good"

no beard
no good
there's not enough beards in my neighborhood
and you tell me you cant
but i bet that you could
you've got no beard and you're
NO GOOD
:: STAK ::
Music for Visual Media
www.staksounds.com
@staksounds

dcease

Post by dcease » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:29 am

i know. it's obvious...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MrK9-6LEpE

wifey likes me clean shaved with goat... likes me to look good. i get carded, when i shave, never do with my horrible rats nest facial hair... sometimes i shave, sometimes not. but if my head is bald, i don't like it longer than stubble... haven't shaved my goat since '97, it stays the same length.

as a side note, my fur grows patchy. i cannot grow proper side burns, i always have a bald spot between head and face hair... wuteva.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:49 am

what's the name of the guy without the beard in that band?

Gibbons is a great blues player.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz