soooo this ableton live vocoder

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
friend_kami

Post by friend_kami » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:30 pm

Robert Henke wrote:OMFG. You guys start seriously trying to analyse my aswers.... ?!?!?!
So.
Here we go:

I was surprised that this video at the Ableton office was made. I am on tour and I had no idea. So, it makes sense that I was confused. I mean, more confused then usual.

We might be working on a vocoder. We might be working on something else. We might be working on something in between a vocoder and something else.
What ever it is, it will not slow down development of other urgent features.
( And yes, we KNOW that crossfades in arranger are missing and ...(insert ist here ) ) Different developpers work on different things. Some things are useful for user A and some for user B.

Working on nice effects and instruments is a good thing to do. We can come up with own flavors of things, we can make Live a more complete package for someone who does not want to install ten VSTis that might not work again with the next OS version and so on...

Do I think a Vocoder is a cool thing? Yes. I do. There is much more that can be done with a Vocoder then a Daft Punk track. And, Vocoder A might sound different from Vocoder B, allowing you to do different kinds of things...

I think, that thing one of our developpers is currently coding, and that you saw on the screen, will gona be a shit load of fun once out. I personally really looking forward to have it. And I am not using Vocoders usually.

Robert
you might not be working at live at all, and just handing out gui design to cycling74 *cough*

ethios4

Post by ethios4 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:42 pm

Robert Henke wrote:There is much more that can be done with a Vocoder then a Daft Punk track.
8O

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:48 pm

from the 90 minute video (loosely quoted)

audience member: what's up with the vocoder you guys are working on? it was mentioned on the forum.
Henke: wha? :roll:
audience member: yeah, some guy was videotaping the Live offices and panned in on a computer screen with a vocoder on it.
Henke: <chuckle> a vocoder, that's retarded!! LOL

give us OSC and you'll get a vocoder, and looping tools and a step sequencer and a...

:(
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

dave dominey

Post by dave dominey » Wed May 21, 2008 1:15 am

i knew there was a reason i need a vocoder!

stonee

Post by stonee » Wed May 21, 2008 1:31 am

THOSE AREN'T VOCODERS :( :( :( :(

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Wed May 21, 2008 1:51 am

my mind is boggled